Part Seven

Tobias and Draco exited the train with the rest of the first years. They made their way over to a half-giant who introduced himself as Hagrid.

The half-giant led them to some boats and ordered them to get on. Draco and Tobias sat with Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini; they introduced themselves to Tobias since Draco already knew them, having spent time with them in the past.

They exited the boats, walked into the castle, and stopped at the entrance to the great hall, waiting for the Deputy headmistress to come to get them.

A door to the side opened, and a lady in a cliche witch hat came out. He walked over to them and gave them a small speech before opening the doors and leading them in.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats are sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry

Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true

And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,

if you have a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folks use any means

To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

And don't get in a flap!

You're in safe hands (though I have none)

For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

Tobias looked around, curiously taking in everything. He was so busy that he barely heard when McGonagall called. "Lupin-Snape, Tobias," McGonagall called, and a round of whispers went up around the hall.

Everybody was shocked that they never heard of him, or that the potion master even had a child. The hall watched as he walked over to the stool and sat. The hat was placed on his head, and he felt a gentle push in his mind.

"Hmm, difficult. It is VERY difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes. Very Powerful. An heir of Hogwarts and all four houses. But where to put you?"

"Slytherin, please. I want to be with Draco," Tobias said, and the hat hummed.

"Well if you're sure, better be...SLYTHERIN!" The hat yelled, and Tobias internally cheered. The hat was taken from his head and Draco was next.

"Potter, Liam," McGonagall called after a while and Tobias looked up to see his 'twin' walk up to the stool and frowned at the smug look on his face.

Tobias looked at the teacher's table and smiled at his Papa who returned it, he looked at the Potters who were looking at him intensely, and then he looked at another teacher who had a turban wrapped around his head.

The man was already looking at him, confusion was written out on his face before he looked back at Liam.

The sorting ceremony ended, and Dumbledor gave his speech telling them that the third-floor corridor on the right side was out of bounds to everyone who did not wish to die a most painful death. Tobias was curious why he said that in the first place, as it would just tempt the student to go see what was there.

The old man finished his speech and sat down. Food appeared on the table, and they ate after a prefect led them to their dorms. Much to their joy, Draco and Tobias were sharing a room.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 602

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 7:30 am

When are you reading this?