Part Nine

A few days passed, and the boys were now in Professor Flitwick's class. The teacher is very short and stands on a bunch of books.

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation, the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers? Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone. The swish and flick. Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then,"

"Wingardium Levio-saaa," Draco said, and his feather floated briefly before falling again.

Tobias was the only one not practicing, he already knew the spell. He looked around, his eyes landing on the Weasley boy.

"Wingardrium Leviosar," the redhead said, whacking the wand numerous times.

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Leviosa, not Leviosar," Hermione lectured, and Tobias frowned at her know-it-all tone.

"You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on," Ron said, motioning for her to try.

Hermione straightens up and swishes her wand. "Wingardium Leviosa," She said, and her feathers flitted up.

"Oh, well done! See you here, everyone! Ms. Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!" Flitwick said, and Tobias rolled his eyes, looking back at Draco, who finally got it.

"Good job, Dragon," Tobias said, smiling proudly at the blonde who blushed and gave him a small smile in return.

The class ended, and the duo headed to dinner; it was Halloween, and the ceiling in the great hall had jack-o-lanterns.

They sat at their table, Draco talking to Theodore while Tobias was talking to Blaise who needed help with his potions homework.

Suddenly, Professor Quirrell comes flying into the room, screaming.

"TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! T-TROOLLL IN THE DUNGEON!!" He yelled, pausing "Thought you ought to know," He finished before he fell over in a dead faint.

The room is silent for a few seconds, and then everyone freaks out, screaming and running. Tobias rolls his eyes. "What the hell do they think screaming is going to do?" he asks Blaise, who shrugs before stuffing a grape in his mouth.

"SILLLLLEEENNNNCEEEEE!" Dumbledore yells, and everyone stops moving, looking toward the man. "Everyone will please, not panic. Now, Prefects will lead their houses back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeon," he says, and the prefects start to lead the students out.

Tobias holds Draco's arm before moving, making him stay in place with a confused look. When all the students left, and Quirell was still lying on the floor, Tobias went over and shoved him with his foot. He didn't understand why, but ever since he got her, he felt a connection with the man. It was odd for him.

#You can stop faking now,# He hissed, and Quirrell's head snapped up; Tobias didn't know why, but something told him to speak in a language he'd never used before.

#Quirrell, who is that?# an unseen voice said and Tobias raised a brow

#My name is Tobias Lupin-Snape,# Tobias said, and there was a home.

#I did not know Severus had a child. Meet me in his quarters tomorrow after breakfast. I wish to talk with you, speaker,# the voice said, and Tobias agreed before taking a confused Draco's hand and leading him to the Dungeon; they quickly made their way to their room before changing and getting ready for bed.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 547

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 8:30 am

When are you reading this?