Part Thirteen

~~~~~~~~~~~Many Years Later~~~~~~~~~~~~

FIVE YEARS LATER TO BE EXACT

It was summer. Draco was in Europe with his family and had written to Tobias to tell him that he had gone through his inheritance on his birthday a month ago on his eighteenth birthday.

They had gone on a traditional Veela trip for the Malfoys, to the place where Veelas originated for their own inheritance. It would have lasted all summer, but Draco wanted to be back for Tobias's birthday tomorrow since it was two weeks until they were back at Hogwarts. He would be turning sixteen and going through his own inheritance.

His parents had told him he would be either a vampire, per Severus's blood, or a werewolf, per Remus's. He was excited. He had the possibility of two animals.

They also told him that because he had been a Potter before, he might also get something from them. He hated that; he didn't want anything from them.

James and Lily still worked at Hogwarts, bragging about Liam to everyone they got as much as they could. While the 'boy who lived' became more spoiled and irritating to even look at.

Remus had gotten a job there for the next year teaching DADA; it was the male Potter's job, but he wanted to teach flying instead.

Tobias stood in the potion room with Severus, mixing a pain relief potion. They wanted to be prepared for tomorrow, if Tobias went through an inheritance it would be painful.

The potion finished just as Draco entered the door. Tobias smiled widely. "Dragon, let me see your wings." He exclaimed, going over to the blonde, and the shorter boy smiled and popped out his wings.

Tobias gasped and ran his hand over Draco's white wings. "Wow, Draco," He says softly.

Draco smiled brighter at the praise from the younger. "I can't wait to see if you get one," Draco replied, his wings fluttering.

Severus came up behind the boys and congratulated Draco on his inheritance. "Let's go to the living room and celebrate," Severus said, and the three went back to the living room where Draco's parents and his dad were sitting waiting for them.

"Where is Tom?" Tobias asked, not seeing the man he had come to have a crush on along with Draco. He had hoped the two would be his mate.

"He had to deal with some death eaters, but he promised he'd be here before one," his dad said, and he looked at the clock. It was already 10, and Tobias nodded.

Normally an inheritance came an hour after their birthday. So Tom might make it.

They celebrated, and at twelve-thirty, Draco and Tobias went to bed. They lay in Tobias's bed facing each other. "Who do you think your mate will be?" Tobias asked Draco, who had him closed.

"I don't know. I hope it's not Pansy," Draco sneered, and Tobias laughed, making Draco peer at him.

Over the years, Pansy developed a crush on Draco and kept asking her parents to get a marriage contract between them, which Lucius and Narcissa always refused.

"I think you would make a wonderful couple," Tobias teased and Draco scoffed.

"I'd rather be friends with Liam," Draco told him and Tobias huffed. Just then, there was a knock on the bedroom door, and Draco stood off the bed to go answer.

Draco was halfway to the door when he felt searing heat go through his body and yelled out. The door burst open and Tom rushed in, he paused and gave Draco a shocked look before rushing to Tobias.

He quickly climbed onto the bed and sat as close to Tobias as possible, "Shh, It's OK, it'll be over soon," Tom whispered.

The pain got so bad that Tobias passed out.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 607

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 10:30 am

When are you reading this?