Izuku vs. Shinso

"Do I have to wear this?" I asked. All of the Class 1-A girls, including me, were wearing cheerleader outfits. According to Mineta and Kaminari, there was supposed to be a cheerleading competition before the 1v1s, and all of the female students were to participate.

The weird thing, however, was that they were relaying a message from Dad. To me, this was very suspicious, since Dad never said anything to me personally about any mandatory cheerleading competitions during the Sports Festival. However, the girls (mainly Momo) convinced me to participate.

"Yes, because we'll get in trouble if we don't," Momo reminded.

"I know, but... something's telling me that Mineta and Kaminari lied to us. If there was a cheerleading competition..." I cut myself off before I said too much.

"What is it, Mattie?" Kyoka asked.

"Nothing, never mind."

***

We gathered in the stadium, looking around. All of the other girls were in their gym outfits.

"What are they doing?" Dad asked tiredly.

"Looks like Class 1-A is going full on fanservice!" Uncle Hizashi announced. Off to the side, Mineta and Kaminari were blushing, giving each other thumbs ups.

"You did trick us, didn't you?!" I angrily shouted, my vision going red. "Ooh, when I get my hands on you, I'll—" I snapped out of my rage when I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder. Turning around, I saw Ochaco, smiling sympathetically.

"It's okay, Mattie. In and out," she comforted.

"Thanks, but... why didn't I go with my gut?" I groaned, collapsing to my knees. "I knew that tiny perv was planning something as soon as he opened his mouth!"

"I even used my Quirk to make these outfits!" Momo sighed, joining me in the pity party.

"Ugh, I hate those guys!" Kyoka growled, throwing her pom-poms to the ground and crossing her arms.

"Hey, don't worry about it; we all fell for it!" Mina chimed in, smiling brightly. "Hey, I got it! Why don't we just roll with it for now?"

"Are you crazy?!" Kyoka and I chorused incredulously.

"Wait, you didn't let me finish!" Mina chided in a non-serious tone. "Once we're finished, we can find a way to get revenge on those two." Her smile shifted from genuine to mischievous. While I was still miffed at being tricked into wearing a cheerleader uniform, the idea of payback made it worth it.

"...okay, let's do it," I agreed. The rest of the girls nodded in approval. "So what did you have in mind, Mina?"

"Well..."

***

"Have fun competing in these little side games, everyone!" Uncle Hizashi announced. "After they're over, the sixteen students from the top four teams will be duking it out one-on-one in a tournament-style fighting competition! I promise you're not gonna want to miss these epic matchups!"

"Come closer and draw lots to see who you're up against," Aunt Nemuri commented, holding a box of lots. "Then enjoy the pleasure of the recreational games before we start. The sixteen finalists have the option of participating in those activities or sitting out to prepare for battle. I'm sure you all want to conserve your stamina. I'll start with the first-place team."

"Um, excuse me," Ojiro raised his hand. "Sorry, but I'm withdrawing." Everyone gasped. I could hear Izuku and Iida try to convince him otherwise, but he was firm. Apparently, he felt like he was someone's puppet, due to someone's Quirk. Nirengeki Shoda, a student from 1-B, also decided to withdraw for the same reason.

"This sort of talk is incredibly naïve, my boys," Aunt Nemuri commented. "That turns me on! Shoda, Ojiro, you're withdrawn!"

Did she say it turns her on...? I thought. Yeah, Aunt Nemuri has a theme she sticks to, but was that really necessary?

"Now, let's see, we'll have to move up two students from the fifth-place cavalry team so we have enough contestants," Aunt Nemuri mused.

"We were frozen most of the time," an orange-haired girl I've come to know as Kendo commented. "Honestly, we barely did anything in the cavalry battle. You should choose from the group that kept fighting the whole time: Team Tetsutetsu."

Tetsutetsu was extremely grateful, and he and Shiozaki decided to advance to the final.

"Take a look at the bracket, my dears! These are your opponents!"

I looked at the brackets; I was going up against Mina.

***

"Hey, sports fans! Are ya ready?! After all the action you've already witnessed, it's time for the real battles to begin! Can ya feel the excitement?! Our competitors are on their own now; sometimes, heroes have only themselves to rely on! Heart, skill, strength, wisdom, courage: they'll have to use all of these things to rise to the top!"

The first match was Izuku vs. Shinso. I was a little worried, since I didn't know about Shinso's Quirk. I could see Shinso talking to Izuku, the latter getting angrier. As soon as the fight started, Izuku ran towards Shinso, but stopped suddenly.

"I warned him not to say anything!" Ojiro groaned.

Izuku turned and walked toward the boundary in a robotic fashion.

"What is he doing?!" I asked.

"He can't walk out of the ring! He'll lose the match if he does!" Iida exclaimed.

Just before Izuku went out of bounds, I noticed two of his fingers glowing. Before I could say anything, a gust of wind kicked up, with Izuku in the center. He must've woken up!

"How'd you do that?!" Shinso shouted. Izuku didn't answer. He charged at Shinso, who was still trying to get him to talk. Izuku tried to push him out of bounds, but Shinso wasn't going down that easily. He threw a right hook into Izuku's face, causing him to bleed.

Izuku continued to push Shinso out of bounds, but the purple-haired boy hit Izuku's bruised fingers. Shinso pushed Izuku towards the boundary, but Izuku grabbed the purple-haired boy and flipped him over.

"Shinso is out of bounds!" Aunt Nemuri announced. "Midoriya advances to the next match!"

He made it, I thought.

"And with that expertly-performed throw, we have our first victor of the finals! Class 1-A's Izuku Midoriya!"