☆・Chapter 1・☆

『』

I had a long day at school. Pretty boring, not gonna lie. When is it not? I pull out my phone to inform my mother im coming back home. 

Ever since my dad left and the death of my brother, she's been pretty overprotective and more loving to me, my mother just needs a shoulder to cry on. Already going through so much. Since she takes care of me alone. Is finding a job, and has to live with the guilt of my brother's death. Even if his death was a long time ago. I was 6, but I do remember a bit.

『Flashbacks』

"Mom, can I borrow your car for today?", he said. "I want to visit a friends house."

"I don't know, can you? Why should I let you drive in my car if you crashed your own?", my mother says, half joking but a slight hint of seriousness. 

"I know, but that's why I need it.", he then looks to his side and sees y/n. 

"Fine, you can use it for today", my mother sighs.

"Yess-", he then felt someone tugging above the hem of his pants.

"Can we play again?", I asked and looked up to my brother.

His face changes, and he bends down, but looks at me with a sad smile. "Another time, I have to go now. I love you so much okay? Be nice to daddy and mommy too."

He pulls out a bear plushie, and gives it to me.

He kisses our mom on the forehead, and says "I love you". I overhear him saying "Tell Dad that I love him too". 

Our mother was suspicious of his behavior...But she didn't question it.

            </3

The night that made family burst into tears. Their hearts broke. Mine did. A scar left them and me and it never seems to heal. My brother had just attempted suicide, twice. But actually succeeding at the second try. He used his car. And my mothers car.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE GODDAMN CAR, JARED. OUR SON IS DEAD AND THE ONLY THING YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT IS MY CAR?!"

"Nicole...That's not what I meant..."

That night still aches me. Seeing my parents fight. Seeing my mother breaking down. And my father drinking alcohol. I held onto the plush he gave me not so long ago...

『End of Flashback』

I sigh and put my phone back in my jacket and continue walking the streets. My mood being down after thinking about that night. Sometimes I still don't know if I moved on or not. I remember it vividly, despite being 6 at the time.

It was cloudy, probably gonna rain soon. I don't have an umbrella but it shouldn't be that bad. My house really isn't that far. Then it suddenly started to rain. The rain would get stronger and heavier for each step I take. It felt...calming? To say the least... I could definitely study with this as background sound.

I arrive home, not too far from the door, I observe the sight next to me, that's where the parking lot is. Usually, I'd see my neighbor, he was 38 and a good guy, to be honest. Trustworthy and worked as a doctor, But today I didn't see him. 

Instead, I see another man, black jacket, pants and hair. He was pale white too. Emo much? He looked like he was in his mid 20s. He was packing some stuff in his trunk. I've never seen him, kinda looks sketchy. But maybe he's a new neighbor of ours? I decided, it wouldn't hurt to talk to him.

            『』

A/N: The stuff I mentioned may not be like you. But I can say for sure, I wouldn't talk to him. My introverted ahh could never. Also, I apologize for anything that may have triggered you.

            『』

"Hello!" I said, in an upbeat tone, but a little hesitant.

"What do you want, kid?", he said coldly. I don't know what else to say to him. Well now I regret my decision. I should have just minded my own business but no, I just had to. But now that i'm here, I shouldn't ask awkward stuff.

"I just wanted to...ask what that is!", I point to the item he's holding. It looked like a crystal ball.

"Oh this? Well, that's none of your business", he slams the back cardoor and drives right out of the parking lot.

Well, that was rude. But I should stop wasting my time and just go inside now. 

            『』