Chapter 10

Eventually, they stood up and began to gather their belongings, preparing to return to their camp and continue their work on the island. Kyoya offered Lorelei its hand, helping her up to her feet, and she took it gratefully. As they started to walk back, she glanced up at Kyoya, admiration, and affection in her eyes. "You know, you're not so scary when you're not roaring."

Kyoya let out a deep, rumbling laugh, his massive chest heaving up and down. "Thank you, Lorelei," it said, a warmth in his voice that Lorelei had never heard before. "I'm glad you think so." They continued walking, their steps in perfect sync, their bodies pressed tightly together, their hearts beating in perfect rhythm. As they walked, they planned for the days ahead, dreaming of a future together on this beautiful island, where they could build a life for themselves, free from the expectations and constraints of the world they had left behind.

The sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in hues of red and orange, and casting long shadows across the land. They stopped at the edge of the jungle, watching as the last rays of light faded away, replaced by the soft glow of a thousand stars twinkling in the velvet black sky. They stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, lost in the beauty of the moment, their hearts filled with a wave of peace and contentment that they had never known before.

As the night progressed, they made their way back to their camp, their bodies swaying gently to the rhythm of their steps, their minds drifting on the currents of their shared thoughts and feelings. The moon rose over the treetops, bathing the clearing in its silvery light, casting a soft glow over everything, making it seem as if the world had been transformed into some sort of enchanted paradise, just for them.

They reached their camp, and Kyoya, with a grace that surprised Lorelei, knelt down on one knee before her. Taking her hand in its massive paw, it looked deeply into her eyes, its own expression a mix of love, devotion, and something else she couldn't quite put her finger on. "Lorelei," it said, its voice quiet and steady, "I know that we have only just met, and I know that I am not the most... conventional of suitors. But I want you to know that I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you if you'll have me."

Lorelei felt her heart swell at Kyoya's words, tears welling up in her eyes. She looked deep into Kyoya's expressive eyes and saw a sincerity there that she had never seen before. She knew, without a doubt, that this was the person she was meant to spend the rest of her life with. "Yes," she whispered, her voice barely audible over the soft rustling of the trees, "I love you too."

As she spoke, Kyoya's massive frame trembled, and for a moment, Lorelei thought she saw tears in his eyes as well. Kyoya leaned in, his lips brushing against hers in a tender, loving kiss. The kiss was gentle at first, but as their passion flared, it grew deeper, more intense, their tongues dancing together in a duet of desire. As they pulled apart, their breath coming in ragged gasps, Lorelei reached up and cupped Kyoya's cheek in her hand, feeling the rough texture of its skin against her soft palm.