Prolouge

I heard some slight commotion downstairs, most likely Beck he was always anxious and jumped at every small movement, The hunger games screwed him up for sure. Although my other sister was too old for the reaping, i'm still eligible for it since i'm the youngest. But it is my last year since i'm 18, but I really do doubt that I'm going to be reaped. Beck won when I was 13 and I still haven't had my name pulled from the reaping bowl so it was a far chance from actually being reaped this year. I stood up and walked over to my dresser, My mother must've put this out the night before for me. In the districts you always have to treat the reaping day like a celebration wear your finest clothing, have a meal, If you could afford it even they used to not be able to afford it, but they could now at least. The dress was my sisters old reaping outfit that she wore a while back the year Beck was reaped, I personally didn't think it was a good idea for me to be wearing this since Beck couldn't stand seeing anything from his games really. But it was one of the only dresses we owned so I had no choice. We weren't poor ofcourse it was just that even for victors with all of that money from the capitol to be able to but dresses was expensive. Plus my family was in the habit still of saving every little bit of money we had there where certain habits no body could break. I picked up the dress I usually took a small while to get ready my hair was impossible to tame almost, It took hours to dry too. I decided on putting on the black dress first. As i stripped my clothes off the dress went on. It was a small but loose on me but no body payed attention to anyone elses clothes they only payed attention to their loved ones who where still elidgabke for the reaping, or for the people with no body left and who just wanted to burn their money bet on the kids there by their age if they where poor, or children of the merchants. I probably have quiet a few bets over my head since I'm a victors sibling and i'm most likely sure to be reaped sometime to spice up the games the capitol did that a lot. They reaped the loved ones of victors, Siblings, Children, Friends anybody that the capitol knew they where close with. I buttoned up the back of the dress the best i could. It was a bit loose but it fit good enough. Once the dress was on my hair was bushed up. It was a bright orange colour which wasn't very uncommon in district 10 people usually had blonde, black, or orange hair I didn't really know why it was just something i saw everyday in school and around district 10. I picked up the brush and began to roughly brush through my hair it wasn't too tricky but it still kind of was. There was a small elastic laying on the dresser I grabbed it and stretched it out. I had gotten a hand of doing my hair, it wasn't that curly per say but it still bushed up like a squrielles tail when brushed. When my hair was up i made sure to pull some bang forward. When I was younger i cut my bangs I got scolded by my mother but I kept them. They made me look kind of better I guess. One everything was up and ready my mother would be calling me down soon, but i usually liked to get up early to say hi to Beck since he was a mentor he always had to go earlier since he was a mentor. Me and my siblings didn't have too much of a age gap 4 year age difference with Beck, And a two year one with my sister Elora. Even though our ages where close they always treated me like I was younger it used to really annoy me but not as much anymore. I walked over to the drawer to pull out some socks the drawer was a old oak one that was here when we moved into the house. I walked over to the door and opened it walking out. The upstairs was small and barley used except me being in the upstairs bedroom. The rest of the bedrooms where downstairs which was used the most. I walked down the stairs running my hand over the oak railing that led down the length of the stairs. Becks downstairs hes usually gone early i guess I woke up earlier than I thought. He was sitting at the table i'm guessing waiting for when he could go. I walked into our living room he was in the dining room or kitchen since we all ate in their since our family was small and the house was pretty big. There where many rooms that went unused like the study, and the extra bedroom no body went in there ever really Beck would go into the study sometimes but only to grab something since he had some stuff in there that was his "Hobby" After a victors victory since they don't have to work anymore they had to pick up a Hobby that the capitol would record them doing, Beck chose kind of like knife throwing with small daggers. Beck had taught me how to throw a while back and I do it with him sometimes, he's really good at it I'm not really sure how though since we didn't use Weapons to kill the animals in the barns anymore, they stopped that a while ago after a fight broke out in the "Death center" which isn't its actual name it's just something the older kids called it a while back so all the kids starting calling it that, a man ended up getting stabbed with the weapon and then they found new ways to kill the cattle we raised that where less dangerous. I stopped to sit down somewhat close to Beck.

"Hey" I said glancing up at him. We looked somewhat alike except his hair was more of a brown colour like our mothers meanwhile me and our sister had bright ginger hair.

"Hey Fallon" He said turning his head to look at me. This year was my last year in the reaping, last year to be eligible for it last year to have my name in there. My name was in a few times I had a terrasse for about two years which caused my name to be in more times but I didn't have one anymore which meant my name isn't in that many times. Beck always said the reapings where rigged some years which meant I could possibly be thrown into the arena or I have the even amount of chances as the people with a terrasse maybe even more. I doubted that the capitol wouldn't allow that would they? Then again who am I talking about it's the capitol their cruel people who think the hunger games are a celebration.

"Nervous?" He asked me, I nodded slowly. "Well I mean its your last year to be reaped, if you and Elora havent been reaped I don't think you will be" Beck continued on reassuring me. I didn't know if it was working much but it seemed to make me feel the least bit better than i did now.

"I guess you right" I said quietly. There was some noise from the other rooms the others must be up.