The Revelation

As Faye parked the car near the entrance of the children's hospital, she turned to Yoko with a gentle expression, her voice filled with curiosity and concern. "Yoko, do you mind if I come in with you?"

Yoko hesitated, her heart racing. She hadn't planned on revealing the truth to Faye so soon, but something about their shared journey in the last few hours had created a sense of trust between them.

After a moment of contemplation, Yoko nodded, her voice soft and sincere. "Sure, Faye. I could use the company," she admitted, her eyes reflecting a mixture of vulnerability.

Faye and Yoko stepped out of the car and made their way towards the entrance of the hospital.

Once inside, Yoko led Faye through the corridors of the hospital, her footsteps echoing softly against the polished floors. The air was heavy with the scent of antiseptic, mingling with the faint sounds of the children and their caretakers.

As they approached a room at the end of the hallway, Yoko's pace slowed, her heart pounding with a mix of anticipation and anxiety. With a deep breath, she pushed open the door.

The room was filled with warmth and comfort. In one corner, a small bed was occupied by a young girl, her delicate form nestled beneath the covers. Beside her was an elderly woman, her features softened by age and weariness.

Yoko's eyes lit up with relief as she saw her grandmother Alice, her heart swelling with gratitude for the woman who had taken on the role of caregiver while Yoko worked late into the night. Alice, half asleep in a chair beside the bed, stirred at the sound of the door opening, her eyes fluttering open with surprise.

"Yoko," she murmured, her voice tinged with sleep, "you're back."

Yoko nodded, a tender smile playing on her lips. "Yes, Grandma. And I brought someone with me," she said, gesturing towards Faye. "Faye, this is my grandma Alice, Grandma, this is Faye." She introduced the two.

Faye stepped forward, "Hello, Mrs. Alice," she greeted warmly, her voice soft and gentle.

Alice's eyes widened in surprise at the sight of Faye, her gaze flickering between her and Yoko. But she didn't ask anything. Yoko will tell her once she's ready.

Alice studied Faye for a moment, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Faye. Any friend of Yoko's is welcome here," she said, her voice warm and welcoming.

Yoko smiled, her heart overflowing with affection for her grandmother. She then turned her focus on her sleeping child.

Yoko's heart fluttered with anticipation as she approached her daughter's bedside, her breath catching in her throat at the sight of the little angel.

Aimee lay nestled beneath the covers, her chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm as she slept peacefully. Yoko's eyes shimmered with unshed tears as she reached out to gently stroke her daughter's cheek, a wave of tenderness washing over her.

"Momma's here, Aimee," Yoko whispered, her voice barely above a murmur.

At the sound of her mother's voice, Aimee stirred from her slumber, her eyelids fluttering open as she blinked drowsily. "Momma?" she mumbled, her voice soft and sleepy.

Yoko's heart swelled with love at the sight of her daughter's sleepy smile, her worries melting away in the warmth of their shared moment. "Hey there, my little angel," she whispered, her voice filled with love and affection.

The 3-year old's eyes still heavy with sleep, she snuggled closer to her mother's embrace, "Missed you, Momma. Why do you always work?"

Yoko's heart melted at her daughter's words, a tear slipping down her cheek as she held Aimee close. "I missed you too, sweetheart," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion, "So much. But you know why momma needs to work, right?"