SFW; Eve and Wyrm

Evelyn sat at her desk and typed away on a digital tablet propped up on a stand, laser-focused on the screen. She was so focused, in fact, she didn't see Wyrm approaching from the hangar, his armor bearing a new shader; more bronze than the old beige, but still bore red highlights, along with a pair of Thermite grenades on the chestpiece. He had a pair of paper cups in hand, setting one down to Eves right, next to a shiny purple tumbler that also rested on the desk. Eve wrested her gaze away from the device to the drink, then to Wyrm, whom was smiling and leaning against the railing.

Eve; "... What is that?"

Wyrm shrugged and took a sip of the drink he'd brought with him, still bearing a smile under his mustache and beard.

Wyrm; "Maple steamer; you used to get it all the time, remember?"

Eve let out a huff of amusement, a small smile creasing her faux facial features.

Eve; "Of course... You used to always get a hazelnut latte."

Wyrm nodded with a smirk, subtly jiggling his own drink.

Eve; "Well... Thank you, hun, really. Heh... Guess my own tea will have to wait."

She took a sip of the steamer with a quiet hum, closing her eyes and savoring the flavor as Wyrm leaned over to take a whiff of the tea Eve had brought for herself, scrunching his face in mild disgust.

Wyrm; "Uh... What is that?"

Evelyn went back to typing away on the digital keyboard.

Eve; "Darjeeling, unsweetened."

Wyrm blinked a little, shaking his head before leaning back against the railing, looking around with a somewhat bored expression.

Wyrm; "So... What's the Chief up to today?"

Eves smile slowly went down, pausing her typing briefly so she could process her next spoken response.

Eve; "Incident report on the incursion in the Botza district. A dozen Eliksni dead, about a score wounded, give or take, and four buildings demolished in place of Dread fortifications... My house included."

Wyrm tightened his lips before letting out a quiet chuckle, trying to lighten the mood.
.
Wyrm; "Hah... Gonna take some getting used to, Fallen living in the city-"

Eve cut him off, her brow beginning to furrow.

Eve; "They're called *Eliksni*, Wyrm. I'd appreciate some respect for the people that saved your life and mine."

Wyrm took in a deep breath before taking another sip of his drink.

Wyrm; "Sorry... Just trying to make things a little easier on you. I remember doing this work and wishing I had a little levity."

She glanced to Wyrm, barely mustering a smile once more.

Eve; "I appreciate it, but... There's honestly not much to help with. Some quiet is really all I need."

Wyrm took another deep breath before nodding. pushing himself off the railing and beginning to walk away.

Wyrm; "Alright, my bad... I'll leave you to the minutae."

Eves brow fully furrowed in frustration, shooting her left hand to the side with the crinkling of glass. Wyrm would see a small barrier of opaque, indigo crystal sprout when a bolt of the same color struck the wall, preventing him from going up the stairs. He looked back to see Eves left hand covered in the same dark ice, her amethyst eyes staring daggers at him.

Eve; "... *Minutae?*"

Wyrm looked between Eve and the Stasis wall as she stood.

Wyrm; "Eve, what the hell is that? That's the same Darkness the Fallen was using in the city!"

Evelyn raised her voice, pointing a finger at Wyrm, her other hand starting to freeze over now.

Eve; "Don't change the subject on me! Maybe you didn't hear the report-"

She continued as she began to walk up to where Wyrm was, Stasis mist gathering around her ankles and drifting down through the grated floor.

Eve; "Four *Eliksni* citizens dead, 21 injured, along with an apartment complex, a Sparrow repair shop, a tea house, and *my* house completely leveled! That's 25 people I failed to protect, Wyrm!"

Wyrm took a step back as Eve yelled him down, resisting the urge to take another sip of his drink. Seeing this, Eve backhanded the drink out of Wyrms hand with an irate grunt.
.
Eve; "I don't know who you think you are, or what you think you put up with, but I've been through a lot of shit the past 7 years! I lost my home, I lost a daughter I never knew I had, and I've nearly been killed at least 5 other times! And now I've been told that I'm dying from some Psionic cyst in my head! You don't get to decide what is and isn't important, understand?!"

Wyrm was at a loss for words between his dislocated wrist and Evelyns words... The latter were far more impactful, leaving his jaw slacked and motionless in place.

Wyrm; "*... Eve, I... What do I say?*"

Eve let out a quiet growl and dissolved the Stasis wall, shaking the miniscule crystals from her hands.

Eve; "Don't say anything."

She then proceeded up the stairs towards the security booth.

Eve; "Just stay out of my way."

Once Wyrm was alone near Eves office, Jade appeared over his shoulder, eye half open out of disappointment.

Jade; "Nạ̀n mạn ngò. I told you not to visit her during office hours, and look at what you've done!"

Wyrm let out a sigh as Jade floated lower and healed his wrist.

Wyrm; "You were right... I hardly recognize her. And now... I'm gonna lose her."

Jade let out a sharp exhale, more like a scoff.

Jade; "Just give her some space, Mạngkr. She needs time to adjust to you as much as she needs time to adjust to us again. She's had to go 7 years without you... She doesn't need us."

Wyrm nodded before bowing his head, resting his hands on his hips as he prepared to walk back to the hangar.

Wyrm; "That's the issue, then; She doesn't need me... But I still need her."