𝐥 ~ 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲

~ Neil watches you practice your poem with Mr

~ Neil watches you practice your poem with Mr. Keating ~

ψ

You're not the bravest person on the planet, but you would have expected to be able to read a simple poem out loud to your English class. However, it seems that the recent events have proved this wrong.

"Mr. Keating, I don't understand," you groan, your crumpled poem in hand. "I can read it to Neil easy-peasy, and I can read it to myself just the same, but why is it so difficult to read it to the class?"

Mr. Keating thinks for a moment before sighing and sitting on a desk. Neil, Knox, Charlie, and Todd pass by in time to hear him answer your question. "Well, I'm sure reading it to yourself is easy enough, yes?" You nod and he continues. "And what makes Mr. Perry so special that you don't stutter in front of him?"

You blush and rub your wrist with your free hand. "I mean . . . He's one of my best friends and he's just a great listener, and he helps me make edits when I need to."

"So you feel a type of affection towards Mr. Perry that allows you speak easy around him?" Mr. Keating asks with a smirk. You blush furiously and stammer for a moment, causing a small smile to creep onto Neil's face.