Book 2, Chp 3: Planet of Mugato

3rd POV

Freeman: Captain's log, stardate 58036.4: the Cerritos is en route to Frylon IV to investigate the reported sighting of a mugato, a dangerous creature not indigenous to this planet.

4: the Cerritos is en route to Frylon IV to investigate the reported sighting of a mugato, a dangerous creature not indigenous to this planet

Ransom: Poisonous, carnivorous,
strength of ten men. Huh, sounds like my ex.

Freeman: I can't believe we pulled another animal control op, as if there weren't more important jobs for us to do.

Shaxs: The bio-electrical signatures on Frylon has made it difficult to pinpoint life signs, but with boots on the ground, we'll find her.

Meanwhile at the bar, we see Boimler and Rutherford are playing some kind of board game

Rutherford: Let's see, hmm, hmm, hmm... What about... a ten percent gratuity on a biannual basis?

Boimler: Hmm, worth considering...

Mariner: What up?!

Boimler & Rutherford: Ah!

Mariner: Wow, flinch much? Hey, work later. Let's hit the phaser range. I need moving targets.

YN: This isn't work, we're playing Diplomath.

Rutherford: And, we're at a crucial point in the negotiation. (Smiles.) We're both about to lose!

Mariner: Why is that good?

Boimler: If both sides are equally unsatisfied with the negotiation, you can close the deal! (To Rutherford.) Ready for final offers?

They both made their moves to seal the deal from negotiations.

Boimler: Eh, I don't like it.

Rutherford: I guess I can live with that.