Normal Morning? No.

Hi! I'm Atohi, and it's my 12 birthday today, Yipee! Im getting older, but you'd think the heavens would decide to give me a normal peaceful start to my day  since it's my quote on quote "special day."
But nope, instead, I start of with the worst morning! I mean, I have a crazy life in general, but this was...like.
A lot especially for a morning But it started off like this.

"Ato! Get up! Dude, you're gonna be late!" My older sister shouted, banging on my bedroom door, I'm already awake. I just don't feel like going today. I tried laying in bed, praying that if I didn't get up, she'd let me stay.
But it's my sister who am I kidding! She loves me but she ain't letting me stay in bed, talk about special days.
Then, about the 5th knock sounds.

"Alright, alright! I'm going, " I grumbled back, getting up from my bed, I didn't really have a rough time picking an outfit since the school I go to has uniform.

So I just slipped on my green button-up shirt and an old pair of jeans I had, "Len! Do I need a jacket today?" I shouted and waited for an answer which almost instant since our apartment was quite small, "Uh! Yea, take one in case, you never know what the weather's like!"

So I grabbed my hood and backpack and exited my room and ment Len in the Kitchen where she was wearing her work uniform, nothing special just and white button up shirt and a pair of black office pants, she made sure I was "Nice and Clean" since according to her I'm not her type of clean, whatever that means.
"Atohi, I know you were up. Why didn't you wake me?" She hummed, grabbing a rag from the sink, and rubbed the remaining drool off my face.

I shrugged. I wanted to stay home, but I couldn't tell her that because I knew what the response would be.
She sighed, "I know it's your birthday, but come on! It's Friday, and I'll take you out early instead."

I'll take that. "Now get to the bus stop. That friend of yours is probably waiting for you." She said, giving me a quick hug before pushing me out the door.
She'd be talking about Jolien, a girl who had transferred to my school about a month ago? I don't even know I'm the worst with dates.

But she had become my friend in almost an instant, which is surprising because I'm not one I'd expect people to look at and go, I want to befriend that one.
But she did, and here we are, haven't known her for a whole lot, but it's like she knows everything about me!

I joke around saying she must have super senses or is an animal of some sort, and she just looks at me in return, probably weirded her out..
I reached the bus stop, and like Len had guessed, Jolien was there. I had originally planned to sneak up on her and give her a sneak attack, but she stopped me before I could even touch her!
"Atohi don't. It's way too early. " I let out a groan, and she rolled her eyes.

"And you're telling me you don't have spider senses? Or something." I said, moving to stand next to her, and she let out sigh but she seemed a little on edge  as she spoke, "No I don't your just really predictable, plus I saw you turn the street."

"Valid," and that was the end of our conversation, till the bus pulled up and I had walked towards it when the bus doors had opend but jolien grabbed the back of my hood and yanked me back, practically choking me "Hey! what the-" but she cut me off and turned to the bus driver and spoke bluntly."We're getting the next bus," I looked at her. Was she dumb? There was no second bus after this one and she knew that, I turned back to the bus driver who was already staring flaming daggers at me, like literal flames  and I felt a tinge of fear run down my spine and I was gonna speak up.

But the driver just closed the doors and drove off. We stood in silence after that.

"Let's walk to school today! Busses are crowded either way, " Jolien said, chuckling nervously. Guess she knew what question I was gonna ask, but our school wasn't far, so I nodded and let her drag me down New Yorks streets.

Streets of New York are crowded. I have no idea what Jolien was thinking! But we kept bumping into people both homeless and not, and it was getting annoying.
"Jolien, wait" the grip I had on her sleeve was getting looser every step we took but I guess she was deaf or something because she couldn't hear me

I was about to speak up again till I lost it, my grip on her had slipped and she disappeared into the crowd of people, heck why were there so many people out and about at 8am anyway?!
Now I'm not a fan of crowds I get stuffy and claustrophobic, but I needed to try and find Jolien so instead of marching forward I pulled to the side lines and headed towards a phone booth, wasn't crowded and I could easily call Jolien from there!
One problem I didn't know her phone number Heck I didn't know if she even had a phone, she never mentioned it or anything.

But sadly I didn't realize till I was at the phone booth with said phone in my hand, asking me to insert a coin.

"Damit." I mumbled to myself, I took a deep breath in and out, I did not want to over stress myself, Jolien had probably already realized my absence and maybe she would try looking for me. I closed my eyes and leaned against the phone booths walls and I felt my hand heating up, probably from the phone so I didn't bother looking down but just as I was about to put the phone back the burning sensation stung me!

"Ow! What the-" I looked down at the phone which was indeed smoking, damn was it that old? Then my eyes focused on the small sting I now had on my palm but before I could do anything, it glowed, my palm.

I'm afraid to say but I froze my palm was glowing and the sting was healing on its own! When it finished I Hesitantly raised another hand of mine to touch it and it was as if it wasn't even there!

I had to be hallucinating or something because how in the world did I do that?
My mind was racing with millions of thoughts but then I felt a presence behind me, was it Jolien? No, my eyes glanced to its shadow on the ground its shadow was to big and its aura felt. Weird....so I turned my eyes to the glass walls of the phone booth an was met with a pair of eyes, no wait I miss saw that this guy had ONE eye and it was staring right at me.