Unfamiliar changes. (small story start)

It was a beautiful afternoon. It was silent in the northern kingdom.

It was currently 8AM in the morning as the birds chirped outside. A lovely day was prepared ahead. Or is it?

Hyde had just woken up from his slumber. He yawned and sat up. He looked around his surroundings. He then looked at the clock, 8AM. He stood up and stretched before starting his daily routine.

He went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth and fixed his hair for the current day. He took a nice bath and after, went to the closet and grabbed his blue suit. There were gems attached to the front shirt with a corset in the middle. A gem sparkled in the middle to complete his piece, his white cape shined and his black pants were comfy and elegant. He was ready for today.

Hyde sighed and put on his signature smile as he went downstairs to greet his mother, Agatha.

Agatha smiled warmly as she wrapped her hands around her elegant son. A loving mother.

Hyde smiled and sat down for breakfast. The windows showed a breath-taking view. The sun shined through the blue curtains as paintings and portraits of their family were put on the walls. A fireplace stood on the ground, not far from the dining table.

Hyde waited patiently for this breakfast. He looks across the dining table to see his mom looking quite unusual then normal. She looked.. nervous. Hyde was abit surprised about his mother's current behavior.

Usually he was the one who was nervous. His mom was usually the one who was calm and ready for any storm that headed their way. It shocked him to see her like this.

So he got worried. He cleared his throat and decided to speak.

Hyde - "Mother, you look quite nervous. Is there something wrong?"

His words caught his mother's attention. She took a deep breath and put on a reassuring smile.

Agatha - "Well, my dearest son. I am just.. down today. That's all, don't worry about me dear."

But that wasn't too convincing to Hyde. His blue eyes narrowed as he sighed and decided to let it go for now. But he knew something was going on. So Hyde put on a fake smile and says

Hyde - "Alright mother. You know you can talk to me anytime, let's just eat our breakfast."

Their favorite servant, Geon had placed their breakfast for the day. Geon looked gloomy and tired as always. But he never really rested either.

Hyde looked at the food and smiled. He was thankful to have food on the table with his mother.

Hyde - "Alright, let's dig in."

Hyde started to eat his food, but in the corner of his eye, he saw his mother looking down on her food but not exactly eating. He raises a brow at this. His suspicion only raised further. Nervous behavior, ignorant with surroundings, and silent treatment.

Hyde cleared his throat and decided to ask her about not eating her food.

Hyde - "mother? Do you not like the food? Why are you not eating your food?"

Followed with a head tilt. His mother looked up at him and gives a nervous smile.

Agatha - "It's nothing dear. I was just.. thinking."

She pauses and looks away.

After a few minutes, she decided to start eating now.

Hyde was still very suspicious. His mother's behaviour was very unlike herself. He wanted to know so badly but he knew his mother would only dismiss the conversation or simply say it was nothing. He sighed and nodded

Hyde had finished eating before his mother, so he decided to smile and say

Hyde - "Well, my apologies mother but I would like to go to my room nlow. Since I have finished my breakfast. Thank you for joining me."

His mother smiled and nodded as she continued eating. Her nod was enough to say that he has the permission to go to his room.

He waved goodbye and walked towards the stairs. Thinking...

His mother was oddly suspicious. He never had been the type to "figure" things out but he couldn't help himself.

His curiousity got the best of him as he entered his room. He sat down on a chair on the corner of his room, starting at nothing directly.

He wondered and his emotions were fighting him. Should he spy on his mother? Maybe he can figure something out that will answer all his questions. His mother's new change in behavior was concerning to him and she wasn't open with him enough to tell him what's wrong. His mother knew how stubborn and overly helpful he is and he was a very worrisome person.

So for now, he will stay silent.