Episode 28 - Become a Monster

“Shit.” Maddison wrangled from her chains as she lay helpless on the floor. She shifted her weight to the side so that she could try and roll over into a more comfortable position but alas, most of her strength was gone.

She watched the Lady, Alejandra, exchange blades in a one on duel against the Captain of the Ambush. She looked like she was struggling to keep up as the Captain kept his face stoic in the entire battle.

Alejandra could barely match his speed as Hughie, the Captain, swung his sword indiscriminate of his surroundings.

“Now would be a good time to activate your magic stuff, Sword” She commented, glaring at her own sword.

“Maybe, it just doesn't deem you good enough.” Hughie mocked with a grin and Alejandra scowled at him.

Alejandra glares and swings her sword with spite and makes the Captain take a step back. “Why do you have to be so noisy?” She clicked her tongue before they ran into each other and crossed blades again.

The sword fight they had was immaculate, they sped around the second garden, splitting nearby plants into pieces, their sword echoing through the gardenscape like a hundred clashing bells.

Alejandra grit her teeth, she could feel her palms sweating and grip loosen. She couldn't keep up with the Captain’s stamina. It took every part of her to take his heavy blows and it won't be long before her arms turn numb and give out.

Somewhere by the bushes and the dirt, Maddison was crawling as best as she could until she stumbled by a rock. Her strength was weak and she couldn't feel most of her body but she had to do everything she could to survive.

This little mishap from her shall be a learning lesson to be prepared for even an extremely unlikely scenario. Even ones like the rarest material, Conatus, being used against her.

“Here.” She winced. She felt a rock by her wrist. She took a deep breath before she smacked the shackles on them. After all, if she manages to break the chains,  she’d be able to fight the Captain again.

Maddison thrashed her arms onto the sharp piece of rock, in an effort to fully break the fetters. She glanced up just in time as Alejandra crashed into a tree and ducked right in time to avoid being cut in half. The tree couldn't say the same however, as its upper half fell to the side.

Alejandra rolled as far from Hughie as possible, her dress was now in tatters, her arms were laden with cuts and her hair lost in arrangement a couple of exchanges ago.

Her long dark hair fell behind her as it gathered leaves, dirt, and rocks within its strands. Alejandra couldn't bother to keep it clean anymore. She grit her teeth and tightened her muscles as right after standing up she raised her sword to defend against a blow from Hughie.

“Grr…” She clenched her teeth as the strike she received was so strong that she felt like her arms were about to be snapped like twigs.

Seriously, her blade's magic triggered earlier. Why wasn't it working now?

Alejandra felt annoyed. What was she missing that prevented her from using the cold icy chill of the sword that was gifted to her.

She felt her bones ache as the force of the Captain’s strike felt like a whole anvil was thrown at her. She tried as she could but despite all her efforts she was launched backwards another time.

She struck her back into another tree denting its truck and sending pieces of it shattering around. Alejandra glanced up and drew her sword as Hughie came rushing again, not stopping his furious salvo.

Hughie smirked and before Alejandra could prepare herself, he vanished. The Lady looked around for him but then suddenly, she was surrounded by copies of him.