12//✨The Talk

Kindly don't forget to vote and comment to support this story💗
_______________________________________

When Jivika and Shivansh returns to the palace, everyone is already waiting for them in the living room. Ritika is the first one to rush to them as she was very worried about her bestie's condition.

"Are you okay?" That's the first thing Ritika asks standing in front of Jivika who only nods her head in response.

"Ritu, let them sit first. Both of you come and sit here on the couch." Raghuvendra says.

Jivika and Shivansh sits down on the couch as per Dadaji's order before they are given water to drink. While Shivansh just takes a few sips, Jivika gulps down all the water in a go.

"Have you told her about my decision, Shivansh?" Raghuvendra asks looking at his grandson.

"Yes, Dadaji and we are ready to get married." Shivansh replies making everyone smile except two people.

One is Jivika who is still processing everything that has happened in the span of a few hours. Two is Ritika who is worried for her bestie's happiness because she has promised herself that she will always look after Jivika's well-being.

"Jiji, let's go and get sweets for everyone." Radhika says in excitement and then goes to the kitchen along with Aaradhya to get sweets.

"I want to get changed." Jivika says getting up from the couch.

"Go beta and get fresh." Raghuvendra replies smiling at Jivika who quickly walks away from everyone.

After reaching her room, she closes the door and throw herself on the bed. A few seconds later her whole body starts quivering while fat tears roll fown her face. She bites her lips to control her tears but nothing seems to work in her favour.

She doesn't know if the decision she has taken is correct or not. Because since childhood she has seen how a widow lives her life after the death of her husband. But she has given such a big opportunity to resolve her life with someone else, still her mind is stuck on the customs she has learnt in her village.

In this one month, she has also seen a lot of things which is forbidden in her village. But she is not someone who voice out her thoughts and also because she doesn't want to disappoint anyone here. However, this second marriage thing is messing up with her mind very badly.

She is still trying to process that a real King wants to marry her who is a nobody, a widow. Won't it tarnish his reputation in front of everyone? Won't he feel disgusted to be with someone who is so less in everything in front of him? Won't he feel ashamed to introduce her as his wife?

There are so many questions roaming inside her head but there is no single answer for them. She doesn't even know who to ask all these questions because she doesn't want anyone to worry.

"Jivi, can I come inside?" Jivika hears the voice of her best friend from outside the door. So, she quickly wipes her tears with her palms and opens the door.

Ritika walks inside the room and takes Jivika's hands in her before both of them settle on the bed.

"Now tell me the truth. Why did you accept the marriage proposal?" Ritika asks with a serious tone.

"Because I want to fulfill Dadaji's wish." Jivika replies truthfully.

"Jivi, this is your life so you should only think about yourself. You should not decide to get married just to fulfill someone's wish. You should get married if you want to get married from your heart. You're still very young, so don't rush while taking any important decision of your life." Ritika says making Jivika looks at her with moist eyes.