14

C/n clicked on the remote, watching the channels change with boredom. "When do you think they'll come back?" She groaned. Y/n didn't look up from her sketchbook. "Soon." She responded.

"Uuigh, why can't we go out?!" C/n plopped down on her back, stretching her arms out. "You know why we can't." Y/n said flatly, giving her cousin an annoyed look.

"Yeah yeah, we're fugitives." C/n rolled her eyes. The next channel changed to show pictures of two missing girls, Y/n and C/n. "See?" Y/n held her hand out to the news. "Wherever." C/n grumbled, turning the TV off.

"Its been an entire week since they left! They're probably dead." C/n whined. "They're not dead." Y/n rolled her eyes, getting up and going to the miniature fridge. "How would you know?" C/n sat up, glaring at her cousin who was getting frozen blueberries. "They havnt come down in seven days."

"Maybe," Y/n shrugged, putting the frozen berries back inside the freezer, the cup in her hand halfway full of them. "But they're Ninja. I've done some researching, and there's a couple of Legends of their past battles. Climbing the Peaks is a piece of cake for them!" Y/n sat down on her bed again, leaning back against the pillows.

"Then why havnt they returned?" "Do you really think climbing two separate mountain tops and finding four Elemental Cores takes a day?" Y/n deadpanned at C/n, her fingers staining purple as she grabbed a berry. "Well, no, but-" C/n looked away in worry. "Trust me. They're okay." Y/n said gently. C/n pursed her lips and looked at Y/n, who was munching on blueberries, not a worry in her posture or face.

C/n sighed. "I guess.." She grabbed the TV remote and turned the TV on again, clicking past channels to distract herself. The two girls stayed silent for a minutes, C/n's worry slowly easing away. Blaze and the Monster Machines played on the TV, the volume low, but loud enough to listen to. C/n got up and padded over to the mini fridge. She rumaged through it, trying to find a snack for he boredom. In the end, she chose a wrapped up burrito and some yogurt.

Y/n suddenly grabbing her arm and yanking her away made her yelp, her food dropping on the ground. "Y/n, what the heck?!" She glared at the h/c haired girl, but her irritation was replaced with concern at Y/n's expression. Y/n pushed C/n behind her, staring at the door. "Y/n, what's wrong?" C/n shook her shoulder, panic beginning to grow in her. The door knob wiggled, the lock stopping the door from opening. Whoever was behind the door then slammed into it, tearing the lock off.

The two young girls flinched, Y/n cursing under her breath. C/n held the older girl's arm tightly, watching as a young woman with platinum white hair walked in. The woman spotted Y/n an C/n and sighed, gaze downcast. "They're...They're here, my Lord." She shuffled aside, allowing a Crystal Warrior to enter the room. The Warrior stared at them, head tilted. No spoke for a few seconds.

"Which one of you is the Soulmate?" The Crystal Warrior spoke. C/n felt Y/n stiffen, her breath quickening in fear. "I am." C/n pushed past Y/n, staring at the two unwelcome guests. Y/n looked at C/n incredulously. "What are you doing?!" She hissed, grabbing C/n's wrist.

"You are to come with me." The Warrior said. "What do you want?" C/n demanded. "Your Energy." The Warrior rasped, getting closer to the girls. "We're not going anywhere!" Y/n shook her head, pulling C/n back to her. "I'm afraid you don't have a choice. I'm sorry." The white haired woman looked genuinely appologetic. "Hey, you're that Harumi girl, aren't you?"C/n rose an eyebrow. Harumi looked surprised that C/n knew her. "Yes, how do you...?" "Oh, you're the reason why Lloyd has a butt ton of trust issues. I hope you're proud." C/n spat. Harumi flinched. "I- I didn't mean-" Harumi's excuse was cut off by C/n shrieking as the Warrior grabbed her wrist, ripping her away from Y/n's hold.