iii. Suprising Notifcations

CHAPTER THREE   ౨ৎ    Lovesick"Can we pretend that nothing's changed at all?"

CHAPTER THREE ౨ Lovesick
"Can we pretend that nothing's changed at all?"

CHAPTER THREE   ౨ৎ    Lovesick"Can we pretend that nothing's changed at all?"

        Paige's day had been proceeding calmly, as usual

Paige's day had been proceeding calmly, as usual. She had occupied herself in the gym with KK, laughing, talking, looking at KK's phone while she goes live. So engrossed in the activity that she remained oblivious to the fact that her literal ex had actually liked one of her posts.

What! Was her immediate reaction upon finally realizing, she paused her movements instantly and read over the notification almost, what seemed like, a million times.

'Juliettemai liked your post!' That's it, that's all it said. But she couldn't help but feel as though there was a deeper meaning behind it. Why wouldn't she?

Her eyes narrowed, thinking about what she should do, does she leave it be? Publicly react to it? No, that's stupid. But she wanted to do something. It wasn't even that big of a deal. Paige was overreacting, she knew that.

She didn't care.

Rubbing her eyes, she met KK's gaze. "You still on live?"

"Yeah, something happen?" She asked, looking back at her device when Paige spoke up some more. Eager to tell somebody. "Guess what I saw."

She straightened, looking up at the blonde. A basketball held under her arm. "What'd you see?"

"Juliette liked m-" She abruptly stops speaking when her friend forcefully hits her leg and pushes her away. "What?"

KK wordlessly shows her phone to Paige, revealing the TikTok Live layout. "Hold on," She said to her phone, standing up and dragging Paige with her. "Hey! So, you're actually stupid, I told you I was still on live."

She flattens her lips and scratches the back of her neck. "Oh, um. Well!"

All she did was roll her eyes, "There's Paige, y'all can stop asking." KK said playfully while turning the camera back to herself. "Go out and take a breather or something. Wait, yeah. Think about what you've done."

Paige rolled her eyes and spun around, the action causing the bottom of her shoes to emit a squeaking sound throughout the gym. "Uhhuh, I need to wash my hands anyways."

Not receiving any response, she pushes open the doors leading out of the gymnasium and makes her way towards the bathrooms, which are conveniently located right next to the locker rooms.

"I'll be super quick! Do you want to grab my gym bag?" A voice sounds from outside the door as soon as Paige stands in front of the sink. "Right, I thought so. So either you can wait out here, in there, or grab my bag. No complaining, or I swear I won't go with you anywhere."

"Okay? Please, there's literally a-" Another voice starts before it's accompanied by sounds of laughter and groans, the door swings open, causing Paige to swiftly turn her head in its direction. "You're so childish, Lorelei- God."

Now...

Without uttering a single word, she suppresses a smile and directs her gaze back down to the sink. Juliette quickly approaches from behind and heads towards the adjacent sink, grabbing a paper towel to dab at the wet blotches on her shirt.

"Squeezable water bottle?" Paige speaks up, reaching out and activating the soap dispenser, preceding to guide her hand under the running faucet.

A scoff leaves the brunettes lips as she nods, completely unaware. "Yeah, I was lucky it was just water. She usually has Gatorade." Her tone, consisting of annoyance and subtle playfulness, elicits a small chuckle from her, making Juliette smile while lifting her head. "You'd think-" Oh.

When their eyes meet, Paige observes an instant stiffening in her. Hasn't she bumped into her enough? Juliette thought to herself. Not saying a word, she averts her gaze, grabs another paper towel, and quickly exits the bathroom. Leaving Paige alone.

So the like on her post meant nothing like the blonde had hoped for.

Duly Noted.

I know they've run into/interacted with each other unrealistically a lot, please pay it no mind it won't happen bless

Bee and Vee hello 💞💞💞! ^_^ I'm inlove with you

elena!