Chapter 1: The beginnings and endings

Marco and Ace's journey began like any other, amidst the crashing waves and salty sea air of the Grand Line. Their friendship blossomed quickly, fuelled by shared adventures and a deep mutual respect. But as they sailed together under the flag of the Whitebeard Pirates, Marco couldn't shake the feeling that their time together was fleeting, that every moment was precious and fleeting.

As they laughed, and fought side by side, Ace found himself falling for Marco, his heart yearning for something more than just friendship. But he buried those feelings deep down knowing that their lives as pirates were fraught with danger and uncertainty.

Despite his efforts to keep his emotions in check, Ace couldn't deny the growing bond between them. Whether it was the way Marco's laughter echoed across the deck of their ship or the warmth of his smile as they shared stories, Ace found himself drawn to Marco in ways he couldn't explain. But amidst the thrill of adventure, Ace couldn't shake the nagging doubts that gnawed at his insides. He feared that his insecurities would drive Marco away, leaving him alone once again in the vast expanse of the sea.

As they sailed from one island to the next, Ace found himself withdrawing into himself, his walls closing in around him like the crashing waves of a storm-tossed sea. He pushed Marco away, afraid to let himself be vulnerable afraid to admit just how much he needed him. But Ace, someone who had never known what love was and had grown up closed-off person when it came to affection, surprised Marco. Despite his own reservations and struggles with emotional expression, Marco saw through Ace's defences with eyes filled with a new found understanding and compassion.

It was a revelation for Ace to witness Marco's unexpected empathy, a glimmer of vulnerability shining through the armour of stoicism he had always worn. Despite Ace's own inner turmoil and lack of experience with loved, Marco refused to let Ace push him away.  He recognised the significance of their budding relationship and was determined  to not give up without a fight.

In Marco's own quiet way, he reached out to Ace, offering a hand of friendship and a shoulder to lean on. It was a small gesture, but it spoke volumes to Ace, reassuring him that he wasn't alone in his struggles. As they navigated the choppy waters of their emotions together, Ace realised that perhaps, just perhaps, they could learn to love and be loved in return even amidst the uncertainty of their pirate lives.