Page 26

HANNAH GRACE

of chaos s as you begin your dents. It's a given there will be some level lives as adults away from home." He sighs again, his exhaustion clear "When you add competitive sport into the mix, the balance changes as you try to manage your skill against the authentic college expres rience."

Well, this is patronizing. It feels like he made his secretary write this little speech, and he practiced it in the mirror a few times. If Lo were here, she'd be highly critical of his performance.

"Some of you have been enjoying the college experience a little too much."

Here. We. Go.

"In the five years I've been Director of Sport, I have dealt with countless avoidable situations. Out-of-control parties, medical ex- penses due to students behaving recklessly on campus, more pranks than I can count, unplanned pregnancy, an-"

The noise of Michael Fletcher's chair scraping across the floor rings out as he springs to his feet.

"Mr. Fletcher, please take a seat."

Fletch ignores him, bending to grab his bag from the floor in- stead. He stomps toward the exit, pushing both doors open force- fully and leaving the room.

I don't know a lot about football, but everyone says Fletch is the best linebacker this college has ever seen and is practically guaran- teed a spot in the NFL when he graduates.

More importantly, he's an incredibly proud father to his little girl, Diya, who he had with his girlfriend, Prishi, last year.

Prishi was on the skate team with me before she accidentally be- came pregnant at the start of her junior year. When I asked her if she'd be returning, she said her bladder isn't what it used to be after pushing out a nine-pound baby, and she didn't fancy peeing on the ice in front of an audience.

They live together with their friends, and everyone takes turns