Chapter 2: Justice or Vengeance ?

Hey hello, everyone, here is the 2nd chapter of this Marvel Injustice. to add context in case if you're wondering "but wait, they're not supposed to be on the island of Krakoa" then yes almost all of the mutants are on Krakoa but some of the Mutants like Wolverine, Jean Gray or Cable are staying at the Jean Gray school for gifted young people to train mutants who want to stay in the human world and not on Krakoa.

PS: Krakoa will play a role in this story but I warn you I would not be kind to that, especially since I absolutely do not like the Krakoa arc, I find that it is a total counter to the ideals of Charles Xavier who wanted coexistence between human and mutant.

School Jean Grey, Westchester

Inside the school, there is the team of the X-men and the Avengers, the first is made up of mutants and the second of men and women powerful enough to protect the world from threats that they alone cannot could face. But today, they have failed, since the destruction of New York by the Green Goblin, the Avengers have made no comment on this event and especially on the death of the Jester at the hand of Spider-Man. No one from the two teams imagined that Spider-Man could take a life, except Logan even if he knew that Charlie's death was only an accident during their first confrontation. Now, here they were, inside the Danger Room to discuss recent events and their consequences.

- "I know this is a bad time, but we need to talk about what happened and what we should do with Spider-Man" says Captain America aka Steve Rodgers

- "What are we going to do with Spidey? I hope you don't think about locking him up Rodgers. » Logan replies, grunting.

- "We have to help him!" he lost his family, even if Kitty can help him, it might not be enough" said Hope Summers with conviction

- "Hate breeds anger and anger leads to regret, if we don't help it, the spider's path can go into darkness never seen before" Iron Fist mystically announces

- "He must be locked up!" » retorts coldly Rachel Summers

Everyone turns to Scott's alternate daughter, her response shocked Jean Gray and several X-men and members of the Avengers, but the person most shocked was Hope.

- "He killed a monster, which also makes him a monster, I have seen universes where he descended into evil after having killed once. If we don't lock it away then this universe will become like the others. » she explains, still coldly

- "I admit that if it's already happening, we have to be ready" exclaims Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel

- "He's a broken and angry man Danvers!" he needs help ! not to be locked up! » Screams Ben Grim aka the thing

- "Especially since basing ourselves on several universes with different timelines can make us make decisions that are harmful to us" concludes Cable

- "So what, we wait until it gets out of hand before intervening? I thought we arrested a person when he committed a crime? That wasn't what you said Stark during the 2nd Civil War."

The point made by Cyclops was in a valid sense, Spider-Man had committed a crime, even if it was Norman, it was a crime done by Vengeance, it was not Justice.

- " A crime ? it was only Justice! » shouts Hope annoyed

- "Norman Osborn was nothing but scum, he killed recklessly and injured Spider-Man many times, if you consider that the death of this monster was a mistake then go tell him or Spider-Woman or to Mrs. Webb, I'm sure they would be happy to hear that the death of their children did not deserve to be avenged!! »

The reminder of the deaths during that day made Captain Marvel lower her eyes, Jessica Drew, Spider-Woman is her best friend and she had never seen him so dejected and afflicted by grief when he was told of the death of his son , even Julia Carpenter was inconsolable. Despite her powers as Mrs. Webb and the prevention she gave Jessica, she could not save what she held dear to her heart. The two women relived the death of their children again and again. No one knew where they were and unfortunately there wasn't much they could do. When Carol looked up to look at the team, she could already see camps forming. According to her, Logan, Hope, Laura Kinney aka Wolverine, Cable, Storm and Magic saw that Spider-Man was right to kill Norman and that it was only Justice for what he did. On the other side, Rachel, Scott, Iron Man, Colossus and Hawkeye saw that the spider shouldn't have killed Norman even after what he did. Heroes like the Thing, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Captain America and herself didn't really know where to fit. They understood why Spider-Man did this but is it really Justice? When an enemy goes too far, is it right to kill him?

Suddenly an alarm rings in the mansion, cutting the thread of the discussion and a dozen images open in the danger room, showing the island of Madripoor under attack, we could distinguish the army of Viper, the housekeeper of the island, attacking something they couldn't see. The reporter's voice monopolizes all their attention

"At this very moment, it seems that the city of Madripoor is being attacked by an unidentified group of people, the criminal and ruler Viper has sent her army to neutralize the threat but the results are not reassuring for them. Wait, something is being reported to me"

"It looks like the army is strapped to the ground, that would mean it must be a spider attacking the housekeeper" declares another reporter

"It's Spider-Man!" with Scarlet Spider and another woman! »

"Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like the cry for help from the citizens of Madripoor has been heard by what we might call the Spider-family"