iii. interlocution

Seo-ah awoke to the sound of birds chirping, the melodic twittering floating in through the window opened a crack.

The heavy curtains were pulled, but a sliver of sunlight made its way through the slit in the middle, showcasing the fluff dancing in the air over her toes.

Covering a yawn, she got out of bed and stretched, noting the wrinkle-free blankets on the other half of the bed. Either Yoongi had made his half when he left or he'd never joined her in the first place. She wasn't sure how to feel about that.

The shower in the ensuite was large and had far too many spouts for one person, or even two. Lately, Seo-ah had taken to using soap when she washed her hair, figuring she could save the cost of hair products, so she hadn't brought any with her. She helped herself to the ones on the ledge, inhaling the ginger and mint scent with a pleased hum.

Showered and dressed, she headed to the kitchen to make breakfast and found Yoongi and Jinah cleaning up the island together.

A hint of pink showed on his ears and across his cheeks, and Jinah had a far-too-familiar smugness about her. Seo-ah squeezed her eyes shut, then stepped forward with a cheery greeting.

Yoongi greeted her, seemingly relieved, and Jinah gave her nothing but a pleased smirk. "Your plate is under the dome on the table," she nodded. "We debated saving you some since you're such a layabed, but decided you do enough to merit a holiday, so I made you a bowl."

Seo-ah considered calling her mischievous little sister out on her veiled statements but decided she wasn't prepared to deal with what that would unleash.

"You could've woken me up," she protested, pulling out a chair and taking the chopsticks Yoongi handed her with a smile.

"No, you deserve to sleep in, unnie. Besides, now I can catch up on knowing my brother-in-law!"

Seo-ah choked on her rice. Jinah was Agust D's sister-in-law, and was calling him oppa. She needed a nap, or maybe more of last night's whisky.

"I'm glad my two favourite people are getting along," she managed.

Jinah smiled serenely and Yoongi made his escape.

~~~

Seo-ah's phone buzzed. A text from Yoongi.

Min Yoongi : Can you come to my office?

A moment later, another text popped up.

Min Yoongi : The one in my home, not downtown. It's the second door on the right off the living room.

Yes, because Jinah had gotten the tour before her, busy as she was having a panic attack on the floor of her new closet, and now she had to pretend to know where everything was.

Kim Seoah : Okay, be there in a minute.

Jinah waved her goodbyes, heading off to school, which Hoseok was driving her to, and Seo-ah waited until the taillights disappeared.

She knocked lightly on the door twice.

"Come in."

Yoongi's office was neat and clean, with nothing superfluous about it. Shades of grey and black, with some red thrown in for colour. The carpet was a swirl of red and black, and she immediately diverted any further thoughts about the colour schemes.

Two chairs stood in front of his large wooden desk, one a soft wingback and the other an uncomfortable-looking metal. He nodded at the soft chair in a gesture to sit down, so she sat, folding her hands nervously over her knee.