Admiration (ZB1)

ricky x gyuvin

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

Reader's POV

We are waiting in the queue for the gates of the stadium to open. There are a lot of people in front and behind us; all so excited and impatient. Some are even crying already. I try to stay calm and focused on my breath. But I just can't ignore my friend's tiny jumps of anticipation. But I understand him, so I bear with it.

Finally the gates open; the queue starts going forward. My friend grabs my hand and pulls me toward the entrance and the area we are supposed to be seeing the show from. I tighten my grip around my lightstick; I don't want to lose it in the middle of the crowd.

"Gyuvin, can you slow down a bit? I can't keep up with you, and I feel like you're about to rip my arm off."

He finally stops walking, but only because he found a good place where we can clearly see the stage. I swear I've never seen him this excited. He got really lucky to win the VIP ticket. With it, he will have the chance to meet his favorite idols backstage. I don't know how Gyuvin still has some energy left, because I'm already exhausted. Being in the middle of so many people during the 2 hours queue sucked my energy away. But Gyuvin... It's not in vain that he is called the puppy; he keeps jumping and moving around, incapable of staying still.

We still have about one hour until the show actually begins, but the led screens are already on, broadcasting the group's music videos. Everyone is already singing so loudly and screaming. Gyuvin usually doesn't scream while watching MVs, but, for this group in particular, I know exactly the moments when he does. I look at the screen, and then at my friend, going back and forth. In 3...2...1...now. Gyuvin shouts from the top of his lungs the name of his all time favorite idol:

"RICKYYYYYYYYYY"

I'm really glad he's not the only one screaming that loudly. Literally everyone did. We can all agree that Ricky is the most popular member of the group, and he has also been elected as the most handsome face of the kpop industry. Every single kpop stan is crazy over him. But I personally think that his number one, and best, fan stands right beside me.

Gyuvin has supported Ricky since the first day of that hell of a survival show. He was so impressed by his looks and his sweet voice that he decided to vote for that guy every single day until the end of the show. Well, it was worth it, as Ricky debuted in the group, in 4th place. I can clearly remember Gyuvin's face when they announced Ricky's name. He was so surprised, then happy, then emotional, then just everything at the same time. I guess Gyuvin got so attached to Ricky because they're the same age, only some months apart. He can feel close to his idol. He can see himself in Ricky, the latter achieving the dream my friend could never. In fact, Gyuvin was a trainee for more than a year, but, unfortunately, he was found to have heart failure. He knew that no agency would like to debut someone that can't dance more than 30 minutes a day. So he was forced to give up. But now, he is living his dream through Ricky, who's doing an amazing job.

Finally, the led screens turn off, and the lights are all directed to the center of the stage. Slowly the group's members rise. Everyone starts screaming again; even I do so. The first song plays, and then another one. The members dance and sing and interact with their fans. Since we're so close to the stage, I feel like I could almost touch them. But my excitement and emotion are nothing compared to Gyuvin's. He's crying. Tears of pure joy. I think he can't believe he's actually seeing his favorite idol in real life, hearing him sing and dance right in front of his eyes.

When sad songs come, Gyuvin waves his lightstick with the crowd and only murmurs the lyrics, feeling all the emotion the song carries deep in his soul. When joyful songs come, he jumps, screaming and feeling the energy of the song flowing in his veins. I've never seen someone able to express a song's vibe through their body like Gyuvin does. It's impressive, and it shows how much he is attached to this group.

After two and a half hours, the last song starts. It's a pretty calm yet very meaningful song. It's Gyuvin's favorite one. The members of the group start saying goodbye and waving to their fans. At some point, Ricky comes to an area of the stage where he is basically standing in front of us. And then it happens. I can clearly see him making eye contact with my friend. At that exact moment, something quite magical happens, a sort of connection between them. Ricky stops, his serious face showing that he felt that something too. Then, he slowly smiles, his eyes shining so bright. I look at Gyuvin, who's smiling the same way. These two were definitely made to meet each other at some point of their lives. I'm really glad it happened during such a special event for both.

Unfortunately, the concert comes to an end. However, we managed to buy the VIP tickets, which allow us to have a face to face conversation with the members after the performances. Therefore, we head to the backstage with a group of other fans that had the same luck as us. The staff tell us to form a queue and not push each other; everyone will have their turn to talk to the members. They are aligned side to side, waiting for the fans to arrive. Finally, the first girl comes forward to speak to Hanbin, then, when she moves to Jiwoong, another girl moves forward and starts talking to the group's leader and so on. At last, it's my turn. I talk with all the members about their day and tell them how amazing their show was. Gyuvin comes right after me; he's got so much energy, even after a two-hours show, that it makes all the members laugh and feel recharged. Then, the moment comes. While I am heading to speak to Gunwook, Gyuvin is about to talk to Ricky. It's the most awaited moment of his life. I can hear him stutter at first and I panic. What if he ends up not being able to say a word? He would waste such an incredible occasion. But that does not happen; Gyuvin finally pulls himself together and starts an actual conversation with Ricky. I am focused on what I'm telling Gunwook, so I don't pay much attention to what my friend is saying; this is an important moment for me too, meeting my favorite idols and being able to tell them how much I love and admire their work.

After 10 minutes, it's over. We both talked to all the 8 members of our all-time favorite group. That just feels so unreal. Gyuvin looks literally high. I try to talk to him about the show and the songs and what the members told me, but he only nods and makes some faint noises to show me he's (fake) listening. After some time speaking alone, I turn to him and ask:

"Okay, so now will you please tell me what's going on?"

He looks at me, wondering if he should tell me the truth. Eventually, he sighs and gives me a paper. I take it and unfold it: something is written on it.

Ricky

XXX-XXXX-XXXX

call me ;)

I never thought I was able to smile that much. I'm about to scream, but Gyuvin puts his hand on my mouth to shut me up.

"Please don't. Let's just walk home, I really need something to eat. Then, I'll tell you everything."

He says that with the most serious face, but I can clearly see he is trying to stop himself from smiling. After two seconds looking at each other, we burst out laughing.

"Okay, fine, let's go. I'll tell you what happened along the way."