I'm with the Band

September had come and gone faster than Scarlett could have ever imagined. It had been just over a month since her mother had all but abandoned her here, and Scarlett could have never predicted she would be having as much as she is at a Catholic school.

    The irony of finding a perfect girlfriend at makeshift conversion therapy was Scarlett's Roman empire. The secrecy of it all made the experience so much more fun in her opinion. Life would be so boring without the boys, and she could almost say she was happy her parents sent her here. If it wasn't for the fact that she was constantly being berated for her "past sins."

Little did they know there was a LOT of sinning going on under their roof...

A shadow casting over Scarlett's sketchbook snapped her out of her thoughts. Looking up from her spot in the grass, she took in the person towering over her. Brown curls wildly sprouted from their head, and their tawny brown skin soaked in the afternoon sun.

"Hey, what's up?" They spoke.

They have a really pretty voice... It's not what I expected.

"Eh, nothing much. Just trying to enjoy what's left of the nice weather and get out of my room for a bit." The boys were once again in the music room, and told Scarlett she had to wait a little while longer before she could hear any of her songs. So, being outside seemed like the next best option.

"Aw, don't remind me! We've got like a month tops before the snow hits us," they replied drearily, making their opposition to winter clear. "Wow, your art is really good!"

"Oh- thank you," Scarlett blushed, closing the book hiding her current drawing of the courtyard. "It's just a hobby for when I get bored, I'm not too great at it."

"Don't even, I can't draw for shit. I'm better at other types of art, like music and photography. I'm Naomi, by the way. I apologize I didn't introduce myself earlier." They shook their head with a laugh.

That name sounds familiar...

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Scarlett. I'm new-er here, which you can probably guess. I don't know too many people yet. Wait- do you happen to be part of the gayotic group?" Realization seeped into Scarlett, with a tinge of embarrassment that she hadn't guessed it sooner.

Naomi barked out a laugh, running their hands over their face. "Depends on who's asking. But yes, I am."

"I'm surprised we haven't met sooner- the boys are always talking about you guys and how you also want to get into the music industry. Man, I feel so stupid for not picking it up sooner!" Scarlett rolled her eyes, huffing out a laugh.

"Ah, you're with the band. I see. You'll be seeing a lot of me and my own band then. You'll love Katie and Jo. If you like the boys, you'll like us too." Naomi smiled at her. "Speaking of them, do you want to come with me down to the cafeteria? That's where I was supposed to meet with them, like, 5 minutes ago."

"Oh, I don't want to intrude-"

Naomi grabbed Scarlett's hand pulling her up from her spot in the grass. "You're not intruding. We're always up for company."

Scarlett's stomach hurt from laughing. Clutching her stomach and wheezing, she slammed her hand down on the table. "Jo! Stop it- I can't breathe!"

Josette smirked, satisfied with the reaction their joke pulled from her peers. She put her hands up in defense. "Sorry baby, it's not my fault I was born with the gift of comedy."

"Sure Jo. Keep telling your lies," Katie flipped her long red hair over her shoulder. "This one has the ego of a frat boy, in case you couldn't tell already."

"Katie, I will whoop your queer ass back to the birth of Jesus-"

"Guys- quit it!"

"Says you! You think your Adam Sandler over here-"

Scarlett, still caught up in her laughing fit, watched them all talk over each other. It reminded her of a classroom of 5-year olds, all trying to tell the teacher about their weekend adventures. But, Scarlett loved every minute of it.

She was so glad Naomi bumped into her outside and welcomed her into their group. Scarlett was sure she just found three new life-long friends.

"There you are!" Scarlett turned around, a smile permanently plastered onto her face. There stood Phoebe with a small smile on her face, looking like a mother watching her kid open gifts on Christmas morning. "I see you found the gayotic group."

"Phoebe, why the fuck did you not introduce me to them! I haven't laughed this hard in a while!"

"Eh, I didn't want them stealing my girl before I had a chance to make my move." She winked, leaning on the back of the chair Scarlett was seated in. "I'm kidding. We've all just been so busy. Whenever we're not in the band room, they are. I never had a chance."

"Whatever you say, Pheebs," Scarlett replied.

"I'm tempted to steal your girl Phoebe, you better keep an eye on her. We all just fell in love with her," Naomi smirked, playing with Phoebe.

"Woah, woah, whoa. You better watch it dude." Phoebe glared at her friends. "I found her first, fair and square."

Scarlett giggled at the friendly banter, half-heartedly smacking Phoebe for her fuck boy attitude.

"We're done rehearsing now, kid. You want to come up to our rooms? Lucy splurged and ordered takeout since it's the weekend." Phoebe looked down at Scarlett, waiting for her reply.

"Of course! I've missed my boys!"

"We were gone for like 3 hours, Scar," Phoebe shook her head laughing, backing up so Scarlett could stand up.

"And?" Scarlett snapped back. "It was so nice meeting you guys, I love you so much, thank you for hanging with me today. I'm being kidnapped now, unfortunately."

"No problem, pretty girl. You're welcome any time. We'll see you soon." Katie said, winking at Scarlett.

"Yes, absolutely. Bye, guys!" She waved at Naomi and Jo, as Phoebe impatiently tugged on her arm in her haste to leave.

A/N-

im so sorry for not updating sooner- my life has been falling apart 🥹 here's a chapter for you my loves, it's not super good, but it's a filler that leads into the next one i'm writing 🫶