19.Him and The Person Inside

19

My disgusting father. My utterly disgusting father. A man that is worth of all my distasteful words aimed at him. A monster. A sinner. A useless piece of garbage.

"Daughter." his nasal voice breathed out as if not even hazed by his past encounters with me and the list of sinful things he used to call me, never daughter being on that list.

"Father." The word fell like venom out of my mouth. Bitter and cold.

"Look." He stood up from his spot on the velvety mattress that he dirtied. The white colour of the sheets now turned black from the ashes of coal ?

Every step he took in my general direction was unwelcomed. I looked beside me just to see an empty spot. Markus had already vanished, leaving me alone in this totally screwed situation. Just when I needed him.

"I want to talk to you, darling. I want to apologise. Please-"

"Stop. Just stop." I cut him off in half. Unbearable. His voice was making me suffer. It was bouncing through the walls in my ear drums. Repeating again and again. Soo painful that I almost thought my ears would start to bleed from the irritation.

The same voice that used to give me nightmares. The same painful nasal voice.

The only change in him was his well maintained body and his posh clothes were the complete opposite of how it used to be. He had a pot belly that was almost going to burst the buttons in his coal creased shirt from the pressure it was applying. His pants were torn in the edges. His leather belt and polished shoes were changed to worn and torn garbage.

Some signs that showed his financial instability.

He was miserably broke.

Broker (if it's a word) than me.

I analysed his form. The overpowering stench of mud and dirt covered his body. His nails were outgrown. So was his hair. His demeanor screamed unworthy of trust.

I reached a conclusion.- The debts are eating him alive. And soon they will take him too. He needs me now for money.

I closed the door at his face. But something inside me told to hear him out. He's your father, he's the one that made you. So I decided to listen. Listen to every single word he said.

The way he treated my mother stayed in my mind, not as a haze, but as a complete perfect vision of the whole scene. But still I chose to do what I was going to do because my mother would do it. My mother would help him even if he tried to wreck her, hell, even if he tried to kill her she would still help. Because that's what my mother is.

An angel in the den of a demon.

An innocent soul.

So I opened the door in one pull and met the eyes of my very own father with the courage that could tell him that I will shoot him down if he tried to lay a finger on me.

"I knew you wouldn't leave me to myself, daughter." He smiled. Baring all the leftover teeth in his mouth. "You have your mother's heart." He continued.

I wanted to spit at him all the words that brewed in my mouth but instead I chose to stay calm.

"Yes, father. I have the very same heart of your own wife."

"The one you killed, actually."

His smile faltered into a sneer. "We don't have to bring that up, do we?" His brows rose as if he was threatening me. "No, of course" I sighed. "It'd be easier for me if you could tell me what you want quicker. I don't have a night to waste."

"Yes. Yes." He sat back down in the mattress and I rooted on my spot near the door. "So, as you can see, I'm having a little trouble leading my life out here." His gaze left my eyes and became intend on staring at his worn out shoes. "I was wondering if you could help me by providing me some cash?"

As expected. Won't say I didn't see that coming. I just hummed as a reply as he looked up at my face with expectation shimmering in his eyes. His facial expressions were too genuine to consider that he was lying. But I would never believe this man again ever in my life.

His wicked schemes may be too true to my eyes. His act too flawless or either I may have missed the mistakes. You'll never know. He is too sly for my own goodness. A man not worthy of anyone's trust.

"Sorry, but, I can't give you financial assistance but, I can help you find a job?" That came out as a question. He sprang out of his seat and started yelling.

"Job?! Job?!! You think I would do some nasty job to earn money when I have a son-in-law who could provide me with the life of my dreams??"

I was perplexed by his words. Son-in-law? But I haven't married anyone, yet. "I don't know what you're talking about, old man." I told just to be bombarded with a mighty evil laugh.

"What do you mean you don't know?! You're married to the guy who showed up with you just a few minutes ago. He's richer than you could ever imagine. Haven't he told you that?" Now I think he must be really insane. Me being married to the guy who showed up with me a few minutes ago? Is that guy Markus?

"Seriously, father?" I let out an exasperated sound that could be described as a laugh. "How do you know that he's rich?" I just love attracting problems.

"He's the owner of the building you're standing on, kid. You expect me not to know that?" He said in an as matter of factly way.

How the hell am I supposed to know he owned this place? Was it in the news or something? How would I know the news in Russia? I've been struck in Italy for the past month or so... Never counted the days, if said.

"Goodbye, father" i shut the door at his face again. Running as fast as I could to any direction my eyes fell on.

I have to confront Markus.