⁰¹⁰

Months on the road, house to house, Lori due date closer and closer. It was Daniella's birthday only a few days after the farm, twenty five days to be exact. That was a really hard day because we didn't even get the chance to do any celebration 'cause we got ran out the house we'd had been staying in for nearly a week days. I told them my name. Me and Carl got in an argument one day, he said that 'know everything about them but they don't even know my name', so I told them? I kinda forgot about my name, Charlie Sutton? I guess I thought they did too.

Now coming across another random house, unpacking the car while T-Dog, Daryl, Rick and Carl cleared out the house. Carl's changed, he thinks he's too 'mature' and 'grown up' to hang out with me and Mia just because he's allowed a gun. Whether I wanted one or not, I've got a knife because apparently I need to have some sorta protection. 'When you grow up you'll get it' Carl said to me after getting his ages ago, bit rude but anyway. Maggie cut her hair and her and Glenn are dating, I don't know if they were dating at the farm but now it's been announced and everyone's fine with it. I like them together, sometimes they treat me like their kid which I'm fine with. Sometimes it makes me sad, like I'm replacing my parents.

The house was nice it was much like the house I grew up in, I wonder if the people that lived here are the walkers that Rick and Daryl and Carl just killed. Daryl just walked downstairs with an owl and eated it. He eated the bird, it still had feathers and everything. That made me mentally gag. I heard Rick's whistle out the door to tell everyone it's ok to come in, I ran in with Glenn and Maggie beforehand because I was impatient and wanted to come in, although I was meant to stay and help carry things.

Lori and Rick don't talk, they avoid eye contact and it's really awkward. They technically divorced, I guess, it's like they don't even see each other. Even argued on Dani's birthday over who gets to grieve more. I guess, I get why Carl grew up a lot over the last months.

I stood over Carl in the kitchen, chewing on my sleeve while he opens cabinets rapidly. Once he found something he turned around, jumping when he saw me right in front of him. The group sat in the living room, I trailed behind Carl who put dog food on the floor and used a can opener. Mia ran straight to me when I came in, me and Mia close or something. I don't know how you can get close to a kid because they have awful memory and they're like dogs. Go to whoever's nice to them, for example.

Carl got the attention of Rick when he heard the can opener, his boots loudly stepped across the old, dying floorboards. He read the label and tossed it into the fireplace. I flinched, as did Daryl, giving him a look that I didn't because I'm kinda scared of Rick, since after the farm. Not from Shane but from who he became after it.

"Psst," T said from the window, we know what that means, I sigh. We swiftly grabbed all our belongings and left. Out the back door silently though our footsteps are crunching the overgrown plants loudly. Glenn opened the trunk of the car, Maggie put the blanket in and ran to grab an axe that was placed up against a wall next to fire wood which I feel like we should take too. I went past her and jumped into the backseat. My backpack sat on my lap when Hershel and Maggie got in either side me.

We drove around maybe hour or four and stopped in the middle of another random, empty road. All these roads lookin' awfully similar. They pulled out the map and I sat on the roof of the car reading from above, it was upside down for me but it's fine, does a map really have a side? Honestly, probably.

"We got no place left to go," T-Dog sighed,
"When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off," Maggie pointed to the two locations she's talking about, "we'll never make it south."
Daryl closed the back door under me, "What would you say? That about hundred and fifty head?" What on Earth does that mean?
"That was last week, could be twice that by now," Glenn stands opposite him and now everyone in a circle round the car and I'm in the centre of it, it feels like.