Chapter Three - Kenji

A/N::

I'm sosoossoosososoososos sorry this took me so long i had rlly bad writers block and i fr didn't know how to write this scene. I promise future parts will hopefully be quick and better written 🤞🤞

also btw i was thinking of writing a romance tell me if you want one (it'll be either fantasy or gay :))

-

Something is stuck in my eye.

Fuck.

An eyelash maybe?

I don't know, so I twist and I feel restricted for some reason, my limbs are heavy, so I twist around and hit something–someone

Oh.

Nazeera.

I watch as her amber eyes flutter, sleepy, oh gosh, then glare at me. Although I should stop pointing out whenever she glares at me, because recently, that has been the constant look. A new streak, I think, around twenty-three days of not breaking a glare. Oh, maybe apart from that time I was drunk and wr-

Where are we?

Shit.

I stwist around, banging something, looking around.

I let out a yell as a sharp pain materialises in my calf, close to my ankle. Fuck. I got shot? When? Where are we?

And oh, it comes rushing back.

Nazeera is talking, ranting about J and Warner. I'm watching her, half paying attention, the other half admiring her hand and the way it fiddles with her lip, and suddenly, she crumbles, and I cry out, lunging forward as a gaping hole rips through her abdominal area, and I want to reach down and help her, hold her as she glares through those thick lashes, but an icy glare catches my eye. Ice Queen is pointing a gun at me, and all my training has paid off because she shoots, and I sidestep, toying with her.

She's found her match, I think, but what am I thinking? I've never seen this woman more than twice in my life and I simply dodged a bullet. I go invisible, but wait

Why is it hard right now?

Something is blocking it—my power— from fully functioning, and it's growing stronger, and I'm flickering now, unable to control it. Shit. I haven't lost control of my power since I was what, eleven? The flickering is taking its effect now, I'd never admit it but switching my invisibility on and off tires me quite quickly and often. People don't need to see it though, so I usually fight it and keep it at the very gathered bay I just manage to not spill out. But this time, the exhaustion takes over, and I'm wondering why I'm not as strong, and I lean against the wall, trying to catch my breath, a bad idea, as Ice queen already has her next bullet in the tiny gun. She shoots and I stumble forward timely, but I don't manage to escape the bullet entirely, feeling a sharp pierce stab through my lower leg, and I cry out, this time in physical pain, collapsing. Shit. I want to reach for my leg, put pressure on it, but the flickering is bringing me down, dragging me, an anchor, and I'm shaking, but wouldn't you too if you were just shot and something insanely weird is happening to your powers?

Crimson, red, maroon, burgundy splatters the floor like an ink, like the ink my parents made me practise with for my calligraphy.

My eyes flutter, and I see Ice Queen, a dim light reflecting off of those fake ass cheekbones, red lips that look oh too much like the blood that paints me crimson, and she puts something over my eyes and I want to fight it but

oh

relief

Is sweet when you haven't tasted it in days, hours, minutes, seconds,

I blink heavily, lightheaded from the emotion. I knew Ice Queen was suspicious. I take in my surroundings again, the third time, I told Castle I should get tested for ADHD because I swear, I can't concentrate.We're in a plain, boring, stone room, lit with a floor lamp that lights the room with a quiet, warm, glow, and oh holy shit, I didn't realise I was chained to the bed. The barely double bed that Nazeera is blinking in, doing the same as me, and I kind of appreciate Ice Queen now. I knew Naz and I needed to spend more time together— jokes, jokes, I swear. Oh shit, my wrists are chained too, to the metal bed, that maybe isn't a bed, more a table. Oh that is indeed some scary shit. I almost want to start giggling at this point like- I've always wanted to be in a movie, but not horror movies, just like Rapunzel or some shit. At once, I feel a sudden sharp stab in my leg again, and I instinctively bunch up, but the chains hold me back. Fuck. My wound is getting worse.

"Kenji.. where are we?" I crane my neck to face Naz, and

oh- is she scared? I mean it's obvious she's trying to hide it, but her lower lip is trembling-

"I don't- I don't know-" I reply, shaking my head, peeling my eyes off her and go back to studying the room. The room is a small room, with the only thing apart from this table and the floor lamp a small chair tucked into the corner, and a rubbish bin lined with a mint coloured plastic. The only colour in this dull room. I try to peer over Naz's body, but these stupid chains are holding me down.

"Can we try to get these fucking chains out first?" I ask, desperate at this point to rid the clanky bangles that restrict me. Nazeera shoves me around, which fails because oh I don't know maybe I'M CHAINED TO THE TABLE? She grunts, and with her hand placed closer to mine, uses her long nails to try and fiddle with the lock. She shoves it in, holy shit that's a thick cuff. She winces as a click sounds, and she pulls out, sadly looking at her now broken nail. Shame those golden acrylics had to be ruined. I tug my arm free, pulling it out of the cuff awkwardly, careful not to move my body too much in case of hurting my leg, and start to do the same to my other hand.

"You look stupid."

"Why thank you," I reply, grunting, and I realise the problem. My nails are bitten down so far I'm grasping at nothing. Fuck.

"Use my bobby pin. It's in my hair," She instructs. "No, closer to my ear."

I pull out a brown bobby pin. These things have always looked so weird to me. Like why does it wiggle like that? I suppose the name is suitable then, it definitely looks bobby. Bobby. Boob---

I turn around, flinching as a spikey pain reaches up to my hips. I don't know what I'm doing at this point, fiddling with the lock and the bobby pin to the point where the pin resembles a bow—literally how—and suddenly, it pops out.

"Remember to do me too." Naz reminds me. I feel a rose dust my cheeks. Fuck, my mind. Absolutely foul, I think. I twist around, my waist cracking—castle hates it when I do that—and I quickly undo her too. She twists out of the table, landing on the floor steadily, despite the poorly wrapped bandage leaked with maroon indicating the bullet wound. Hm. She must've not been hit fatally. How lucky. She takes a moment to inspect the bin, peering inside for things to use, I guess. I push myself up and swing my legs over the side, wincing at the delicate pain. I gingerly place my good leg onto the floor, now what? I hop? Pft. Last time I did that Ian laughed at me for a solid fifteen minutes.

A clunk snaps my head up and I watch the door, alert. We probably shouldn't be out of our poorly designed shackles. What can I say, we're just too smart for Ice Queen. Nazeera backs away from the door, holding my hand, damn first time? She looks determined, she always does, but not the point, and we have nothing for a weapon so I doubt whatever is coming is great! How nice.

"Hey Naz, I lo-"

"Sh."

I shush.

The door squeaks, and opens, with a little pressure from the other side, and I start to laugh and raise my eyebrows. I was definitely expecting worse. I glance at Nazeera, who has a curious expression on her face, her eyebrows raised to match mine.

"Haider?"