chapter sixteen

STORY OF US - TAYLOR SWIFT
"oh, a simple complication
miscommunications lead to fall out
so many things that I wish you knew
so many walls up I can't break through"

STORY OF US - TAYLOR SWIFT"oh, a simple complicationmiscommunications lead to fall outso many things that I wish you knewso many walls up I can't break through"

(yes you swifties that's taylor's version)

TODAY THE ROSEWOOD family were having a cookout. reagan's family , jake's family , & the neumann's and nessa will all be there. aria was not looking forward to it at all, she had to avoid not only nelson, but jake too. ever since the kiss, she has been acting awkward around him, she doesn't know how to tell him she doesn't like him so she's been ignoring him, trying to let him off easy.

aria had shorts & a hoodie on, she didn't even want to get ready . her plan was to say hi to everyone & then hide up in her room the whole night . but she knew her mom would have something to say about that , so she just prayed that there was no drama. but she knew there would be

aria heard people arriving downstairs , she walked down & smiled when she saw reagan . she gave a hug to her & her family .

"i heard about who also is coming" reagan gave her nervous look , she sighed . "that's why im gonna avoid both of them . i don't want any arguments . especially in my parents house ."

both kids walked to the living room , sitting down . "why avoid jake?" . aria gave him a look "oh my gosh i didn't tell you??" . reagan shook her head confused , "me and him kissed at the end of practice yesterday" ner eyes went wide "say you swear?" ..... "i swear" . reagan's face turned to confused "why would you do that" .

"bro idk . i don't even like him , idk what to do"

"uhmm i vote block him again & get back with nelson ." that earned a glare from the girl .

"unt uh , i haven't heard an apology from him yet" .

what a coincidence , the neumann's walk in . aria gets up going to hug his family , she got to nelson & gave him a side hug . she didn't want to be rude infront of cassie , even though cassie already understood what had happened between them .

nelson contemplated following aria & reagan back to the living room , but he did anyway .
he sat down on a different couch , earning weird looks from the other two . aria sighed , very dramatically , but still stayed quiet . while reagan looked between the ex couple , awkwardly .

"hey guys" jake walked in , sitting right next to valerie . the plan is definitely not working out .

nelson rolled his eyes , he pulled out his phone to keep him occupied . jakes voice is the last thing he wants to hear right now .

aria put on a smile "hey jake" . reagan rolled her lips inward , holding back a laugh from how much the situation wasn't going her way . "yeah heyyy jake" . she waved big , only aria could tell how sarcastic it was .