Honey To The B(illie)

Billie Joe Armstrong was bored. He hated showbiz award parties – freak shows, as he called them. Why was he here again? Well, at least the beer was free. He lifted the bottle he held in his hand and was about to take a long pull when he immediately stalled.

'Dear God.'

'What up?' asked his band mate and buddy Tré Cool.

'Check out the girl by the main stage.'

Tré looked. 'The knockout redhead in the knockout red leather pants?'

'That's her.'

Even from the distance he was at Billie could see that the 'knockout redhead' had the greenest of green eyes. Bright and intense. She had lips that were full and kissable and as for the rest of her...

Hot.

Billie had dated, slept with and enjoyed many women in his time. He'd never seen anyone like her. As his eyes grazed her body he felt the rise in his temperature and his pants. The leather ones she wore were so tight she must have poured herself into them. Caressing her hips were various gold chains and studded belts and completing the look, a black and red fitted bustier, just enough for a guy to see what was underneath but without giving too much away. Considering the way she was dressed there was an air of innocence about her. She had the face of an angel and the body of a sinner. She looked like she knew exactly what she wanted and probably had no problems getting it.

Tré gave Billie a sharp nudge. 'Man, you can't keep your scanners of her,' he said with a wide grin.

'Seems I'm not the only one,' Billie replied.

Every guy in the place was clamoring for her attention. Like bees to a honey-pot. She was taking it all in her stride, obviously used to the male attention. She smiled, she laughed, she chatted and she played. The place was buzzing and so were those bees. But who was she?

'I gotta hand it to you and let me tell you, I'm feelin' what you're feelin', that is one hot kid,' Tré said staring over at the redhead.

Billie lifted a dark eyebrow. 'Kid?'

'You don't know who she is, do you?'

'Gonna make it my business to find out.'

Tré chuckled and took a quick swig of the bottled Bud in his hand. Billie's eyes were still on the girl and he couldn't resist another grin. 'Man, you got it bad. You haven't quit scopin' her for the last five minutes.'

'There's a lot to scope,' Billie mused.

'Time to call a halt to this feverish fantasy you got going on. Her name's Riley Kutyler.'

'Cute.'

'She's the lead singer with a band called 'Pinkslip'. You've heard of them, right? They've been blowing up all the recent festivals. Word on the street is they're about to become the next big thing.'

'Pinkslip,' said Billie with a thoughtful nod. 'Now you come to mention it I have heard the name.'

'They rock. I saw them perform at Ballroom Blitz a few weeks back. They've made the slot for tonight's little freak show.'

'They'll be performing?'

'A ten minute set on the main stage under the new music category.'

'Not bad,' Billie nodded, still unable to take his eyes off the girl.

'Wait 'til you see her perform. She'll burn your house down.'

'How come you know so much?' Billie asked curiously.

'I told you, I saw them at Blitz. Got talking to her afterwards, she's a real nice kid,' Tré said with a nod.

'Okay, what's with the kid thing?'

'I'm about to burst your bubble big-time.' Tré slapped him on the back, grinning. 'She's sixteen.'

Billie almost choked on his beer. 'What?' He wiped a hand over his chin.

'Yup. Girls never looked like that when we were sixteen.' He gave Billie's shoulder a squeeze. 'I feel your pain. She probably lives with mommy and daddy and I'm willing to wager her cherry's still intact.'

Billie looked back over at Riley. She sure as hell didn't look or act like a sixteen year-old.

Damn.

She was a mere kid. With the body of a woman. Sixteen. He was twenty-five. Now that just wasn't right. And it irked him.

'Shit,' he muttered. He turned away from the temptation in front of him and took a long pull of beer.

'If you're into her, go for it.'

Billie slid Tré a look. 'Being a rock star doesn't mean you have to lose your principles.'

'Being a rock star means you don't have morals. It's not expected of you. One of the perks of being a rock star is that people expect you to be unscrupulous. You want her, have her. She's one sweet thing, wouldn't mind hittin' it myself. Who gives a shit about morals?'

'You're incorrigible, really you are,' Billie murmured.

But still, he couldn't keep his eyes from straying to her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

COPYRIGHT. Demi Mack.