01. Arguments

I can't stop my love for you
I'll become your everything, I believe in your promise to never let go of my hand as we walk

The day had started good—weather sunny and temperature mildly warm, a good transition from Spring to Summer—which put a stop to the called Winter-Depression, freeing the soul and make it glow with love for life again—and overall a perfect day to do some adventuring outside.

After getting ready in your hotel room—still too shy to sleepover at Heiji's house (and in all sworn secrecy honesty, you're still intimidated by his father)—choosing a oversized shirt in light blue with prints of stars on it and—besides of how your legs are looking now—some shorts to wear, deciding against a jacket today—you made your way towards the lobby and outside, where Heiji promised to wait for you.

It wasn't your first time in Osaka, had visited the City more than once within the last two years—but it always brought excitement, when you visit again and doing—despite knowing the spots already—sightseeing with Heiji, who lights up like a child on christmas whenever he could show you his city once again.

Heiji greets you with a smile—one of his bashful one, which makes your heart soar from the sight alone—taking your hand in his and started to tell you about the places—you had seeing more than trice—he's going to show you and the restaurants you two would try out.

Sometimes Heiji could be a gluttony, when it comes to any food stall or restaurant in Osaka—always liking to try out new dishes and wanting to eat as much as he could.

»Which Restaurant did you pick this time?«

»I thought about one of the local ones, where we had went last time. Probably the one with the spicy takoyaki.«

You hummed in response. Spiciness was another topic for itself, while you could stomach only a bit of it—not more than one (milde) spicy dish—before it brings your stomach into uncomfortable cramping rumblings, Heiji couldn't seem to have it spicy enough—adding, when the food was already labelled as Extreme Spicy, even more to it.

Although those spicy Takoyaki were indeed delicious and you aren't against it to eat them again—perhaps more than your stomach could tolerate.

~~~

You hadn't thought much about it—idly strolling with Heiji through the streets and looking at various shops—when you saw the third police car passing by in a speed, but when a fourth car passed—Heiji pulled out his phone and dials a number.

You raised a eyebrow at your boyfriend, not in the mood to overthrow today's current plans—which you had looked forward to—and visiting a potential murder crime scene—once again—having to spending the remaining day, without even having lunch first, there and just standing around like accessories (or a liability).

Before you could ask Heiji, more like reminding him not to chase any criminals down today, he had already ended the call—pocketing back his phone, grabbing your hand—more like sizing your wrist in a tight grip—and dragging you through the crowds of people.

At some point he had picked up on speed and once reaching the park, Heiji begun to run—forcing you to do so too, his grip on your wrist a tad bit tight—and when the first cramps—which you had felt way before already—starting to spread like prickling needles, you know what's about to happen.

»Heiji! Heiji wait! Please, slow down. We need to stop, Heiji!« you shouted, begging your boyfriend to slow down with his running—while dragging you along.

Your legs started to cramp up even more, the sharp pain which shoot through like electricity—drew a hiss from your lips.

Heiji did slowed down, letting go of you, stopping in his tracks and turning around to you.

»C'mon don't be such a slow poke now. There's a crime scene, probably the next victim of that rumoured Serial Killer and we need ta be there, before the police close up their investigations!«

Bending down a bit and huffing out a breath, placing your hands on your tights—gripping sightly into your skin to accumulate the pain, at least hoping to do so—you furrowed your eyebrows, frowning up at your boyfriend.

»Heiji, I–I can't anymore. My legs are hurting and I need to sit down.....and besides you don't have to be at every crime scene, you know? The inspectors and police officers can handle this on their own. So why don't we just continue with what we have planned for today?«

»As a Detective I hafta ta be there!«

»No you don't! You're actually only a Highschooler and no Detective. You can't just be–«

»Oh really? I'm no Detective?«

»No you aren't.« you didn't elaborate any further, not having the nerves to discuss this topic—which always seems upsetting for Heiji—once again and trying to explain to your Boyfriend why he technically and theoretically isn't as of current a Detective at all.

»Well it's certainly not my damn fault that ya being so stupid and got yerself kidnapped and having useless legs now!«

»Heiji?! Now you're being mean–«

»Ya know what. Just stay here, so ya won't be a bother for me.« Heiji scoffed, the annoyance—towards you—showing on his face, turning around and started to jog away—leaving you behind.

~~~

Sitting on the bench, after limping back through the park, you tried to hold yourself together the best you could—not wanting to break down and cry, because that's what seemed to be the only thing you're doing anyways these days—getting sensitive about everything and being a big nuisance of an crybaby, appearing weak.

It hurt what Heiji had said to you and if these were his honest thoughts and feelings towards you, than it's cruel that he hadn't told you such things sooner—because if he had, than maybe you wouldn't feel like wanting to dig out your eyes or hiding in some dark corner somewhere.

It's like a damn curse that wherever you went, be it with Heiji or Conan and Ran, there always happened to be a murder case—as if they were a magnet for such monstrosity crimes or more like, they're the death-angel themselves.

And of course these Cases always had priority over every- and anything, making the minds of certain people blank and nothing else seemed to matter anymore.

You're not against it—far from such thoughts—that Heiji wants to be a Detective—he's a brilliant one and you would support his decision of career the best you could—it's just, sometimes you wished he wouldn't leap right away into the depths of potential danger all the time and risking his life for justice—and sometimes you wished.....(it sounds selfish).....Heiji would be just content enough to only spend time with you.