Dear Future Husband

Ok, so, one thing to make clear, this story is NOT in chronological order! I'm just writing whatever comes to mind, so they may take place months or even years apart. I'll be sure to state when each chapter takes place from now on, don't worry. Anyways, enjoy!
-Joost

Life in Termina
Chapter 2: Dear Future Husband

Two months. Tomorrow would mark two months since Romani had shared a very intimate moment with her best friend while he was visiting the ranch one night. She remembered it so vividly that it often felt like a dream. The feeling she had when she saw him tossing and turning in the guest bed, she wanted to experience it for the first time again. She wanted to see him open up for the first time again.

"Will you marry me?"

Romani remembered his words and how she was so taken aback by them. The thought of him, her best friend, yet still just a twelve-year-old boy, asking for her hand in marriage made her blush. What made her even more excited was that it was obvious that when he thought about it, it too made him grow red in the cheeks.

"Sister!!" Romani called out as she pranced down the stairs and into the main room of the house. The open kitchen was bustling with the lavish smell of simmering soup, Cremia working hard on her and her little sister's lunch for the day.

"Huh? What is it, Romani?" Cremia replied, refraining from taking her eyes off the soup as she gently stirred it.

"Romani needs your help!" The little ranch girl said cheerily, holding a piece of paper and a pencil in her hands. She bounced up and down with her feet like her puppy did when he was about to receive a treat.

"I'm a little busy at the moment, Romani, just give me a minute," Cremia said sternly, putting her index finger on her sisters lips as she tasted the soup. A smile formed, the spices and seasonings finally blended together into a perfect concoction of delicious flavor.

"But it has to do with Grasshopper! It's important!" Romani whined, not wanting to wait another second. She had so many plans and felt as if she had no time at all.

It had been about a month ever since the situation in Ikana Canyon had concluded, with all of the warriors who participated in the great battle having finally put it all behind them. Link, Jim, Skull Kid, the Clock Town Guard, Tatl, and Tael, they all had an air of serene tranquility descend upon them. The first two weeks held some paranoia of there being any Garo stragglers, but currently, there were no worries that they had any unfinished business. All except for Romani. She had one thing that she wanted to take care of, and it stressed her that it had something to do with the Garo spies.

"Romani, just hang on, alright?" Cremia pleaded with her sister, hoping not to spill any of the soup on the wooden floor as she scooped it out of the pot and into a bowl. When she finished, she carefully plated the bowls on the table and sat down, her sister easing up on her pestering in order to enjoy lunch. "Okay, now that we're eating," Cremia said between a spoonful of food, "What did you want to talk about, Romani? Something about Link?"

"Okay..." Romani crammed her spoon into her mouth, hardly bothering to taste how wonderful the soup was, too stimulated by the countless ideas of how to express her thanks to Link. "Romani-" She said with her mouth full, "Romani wanted to give Grasshopper a gift! Just to show her thanks!"

Cremia wasn't even halfway through her bowl when Romani set her spoon down on the table and stared at her big sister with demanding intent. The ranch owner simply sighed. "Alright, what kind of gift?" She asked.

"That's the thing! Romani just doesn't know!" The girl crossed her arms in frustration, leaning back into her chair with a scrunched-up face.

"Hmmmm..." Cremia thought for a moment. It almost amazed her that even she couldn't quite think of a good gift for Link to show thanks. He didn't really express any particular interests aside from reading. "We could- No, no, that won't work..."