The Task

"So, let's begin."

The headmaster glanced at the fairy with a perplexed expression on his face. "Please, do not keep us waiting. Share with us the important information you have brought."

The fairy smiled mischievously, her tiny face radiating with a mysterious glow. 

"Oh, dear headmaster, I apologize for the delay. But before I deliver the news, let us take a moment to appreciate the significance of this occasion. The future of this institution hangs in the balance, and what I have to say will surely change the course of our journey together."

A murmur of anticipation rippled through the crowd, each person eager to learn more. The fairy paused, letting the suspense build, relishing in the atmosphere she had created. Some students shifted in their seats, barely containing their excitement. The staff members exchanged glances, their curiosity piqued.

The fairy, taking her time, circled around the headmaster, examining the room with a discerning eye. Finally, she landed gracefully on a nearby podium, capturing everyone's undivided attention.

"Greetings, my beloved magical friends. I am Zoe, a fae from the Seelie Court. I have traveled from the future to share some crucial information about the fate of the wizarding world."

"The future? How is that even possible?" exclaimed a second-year Gryffindor.

"This is certainly a unique turn of events. I'm curious to know what Zoe has to say." Mused Mr. Fawley

"I have traversed time and space, from the magical season of Beltane in my time to the Samhain of your past. These two seasons, where the veil between realms is at its thinnest, allowed me to journey here." Zoe continued.

Gasps of astonishment filled the air, and the students exchanged puzzled glances. The staff members leaned forward, and their interest piqued.

"Ahm! Don't take it negatively, but why are we here? Anastasia inquired, pointing at the American and French people. 

"It's because it impacts everyone here, whether directly or indirectly. "Some of you are even in the middle of it," Zoe replied.

"How are we to believe you?" questioned a dubious Aldrin. "Who says it isn't a joke or something? The fairies are notorious for their mischievous behavior."

"Then you'll just have to take my word for it," Zoe said, amused. 

"That's it," Evanka said, startled.

"Yeah, that's it." Said Zoe. 

"Fucking fantastic," said a frustrated Philippe.

"This is like something out of a storybook!" an astonished Ella cried, earning an eye roll from Natasha.

"Indeed, it seems so," answered Zoe. "But what I have to share is not a tale but a warning. Our future is not bright. The dark lord will rise to even greater power, wreaking havoc and destroying countless lives. The magical world will suffer greatly."

The crowd erupted into a chorus of whispers, their faces reflecting a mixture of horror, disbelief, and fear. Those who had already heard and knew about the dark lord exchanged quick glances with one another. The headmaster, too, seemed taken aback by the fairy's proclamation, but he quickly regained his composure.

"How can this be? Is there nothing we can do?" asked Augusta, concern etched in her voice.

"That is precisely why I am here," said Zoe. "I have been tasked with aiding the magical world and preventing the events that will lead to this disastrous future."

"How can we possibly change the future? It seems impossible!" protested a fifth-year Slytherin.

Zia waved her hand and conjured a magnificent golden goblet, its surface adorned with intricate runes that glimmered with otherworldly light. Within the depths of the goblet, blue flames danced and swirled, casting eerie shadows on the floor.

She then turned towards the crowd and addressed them, "This goblet contains the knowledge of your future." With another flick of her hand, the flames settled, and they formed a shimmering screen-like structure. "It would show the future of your world and the incidents that could be changed to prevent the war from happening."

"So, we can actually change our fate?" asked Mary with a hopeful voice.

The headmaster stepped forward once more and addressed the concerned student: "Indeed, dear child, we are being given an opportunity to alter the course of our destiny. Now, without further ado, let us watch our future. Zoe, please enlighten us."

With a slight nod from the headmaster, Zoe stepped towards the goblet and started channeling her magic into the screen. The fire started to swirl in circles and suddenly disappeared, leaving a magnificent mirror in its wake. She then turned to address the anticipated crowd.

"Watch closely, dear friends, as I reveal glimpses of the future that awaits us. Remember, we hold the power to shape our own destiny."

The audience falls into a hushed silence as they gaze at the screen, eager to witness the unfolding of their future and ready to take action to prevent the dark times that lie ahead.