| MAZE |

Isabella

It was finally Easter Day, and today we were going to do an egg hunt. My family and I went to church services earlier this morning, once we got back we got ready for a traditional egg hunt. I was wearing a long flowy dress with pink lace at the top. It was such a beautiful dress. Used to be my sisters.

As I was fixing my hair I heard a knock at my door. It was James. James and I have been talking a lot lately.

"Hey , you look good," he said as soon as he walked in. "You too," I said right back. His face went slightly pink as he put his head down towards the ground. "Are you excited for today?" "yeah it'll be fun" i said after finishing getting ready. Today we were going to Buckingham palace for easter. Today I get to see other royal family members. I've met them all before in the past but I've never had a conversation with them before. Only ever a simple hello.

~~~

We all finished getting ready and got on the train. I sat next to James for the entire ride to london. I knew our parents were happy for us to be friends. My parents love James but I know they wouldn't love him too much if we ever started dating.

I glanced over at my sister who was sitting at the other end of the train. She glanced back at me before putting her head down. I knew what she was thinking. She doesn't want James and I to get too close. I understand her but she can't make those decisions for me.

~~~

We made it to Buckingham Palace and outside the palace were most of the royal family members. I assumed they were waiting for us to arrive. We all greeted each other with happy smiles and handshakes like I always do. At this point I'm a professional at greeting people.

James and his family were giving hugs and family kisses while my family was giving professional hand shakes that felt like we just did business with one another.

~~~

We were led to the back garden. It was huge. It was bigger than balmoral. I still loved the one back at balmoral more though. It was way more special to me because that's where James and I often talk.

"Can we please start the egg hunt?" Louis asked, tugging on his mothers dress. Louis was a little boy from James' family. Prince William and Princess Kate's youngest son. He was a bit of a wild child.

"Sure , why not," William said.

All the younger children grabbed a basket and started looking for the eggs. James and I walked around the garden talking yet again. James and I didn't want to participate in the egg hunt, mostly because we wanted the kids to have fun but we also wanted to spend time together.

~~~

As I was walking along the garden with James I felt a tug on my dress. I looked to see charlotte. Charlotte was a nice girl and seemed very calm.

I gave her a warm smile.

"Have you ever seen the movie Anastasia?" she asked. The movie was based on my family years ago. I used to watch it all the time when I was little. Although my grandparents always said it was a crazy movie. "Yes, I love that movie. She has the same name as my sister"

"Is all that true? Did all that stuff really happen" she asked with hope in her eyes. I didn't want to ruin it for her. The real story is a lot more traumatic, so i didn't want to kill the magic for her by telling her the truth.

"Yes, she was a real person and all of that happend"

Her face lit up and there was a sparkle in her eyes.

She then skipped away to look for more eggs.

"That was very nice of you, Isabella," James said. "I like making kids happy, but you know you don't have to call me that"

"Call you what?"

"Isabella. You can call me Bella"

He smiled slightly at me. He's been calling me Isabella since I got here. I love my full name but it's just too formal. Bella is a lot more simple.

"Bella it is then"

~~~

James and I kept walking around the garden till we reached a huge maze. It had bright green hedges around the same height as james. Maybe taller. "Have you ever been inside a maze before?" he asked.

"nope , never" i always thought mazes were cool but never seen one before. He grabbed my hand and pulled me right through the maze.

I was laughing as he led me through the maze. It seemed like he knew where he was going. He brought me to the middle of the maze where there was a huge fountain. It was beautiful.

I've noticed that James likes to bring me beautiful scenery. "Oh it's beautiful here," i said to him.

"But James, why do you always bring me to such beautiful sceneries?" i asked as we walked around the fountain.

"Well, beautiful scenery for a beautiful girl," he said. I slightly blushed but put my head down so he wouldn't be able to tell. "Well, i also bring you to these places because i know you'll love them"

"What do you mean?" I asked "What I mean is that I can tell it brings you joy, makes you happy." he said. I was impressed by how much he understood. We only became friends a few days ago. It was crazy to me how close we've become.

We stared at each other like we always do, but this time I decided to give him a hug. We don't hug often. We mostly just hold on to each other's arms. We stayed hugging for a few minutes. I was taking in all his scents. He always smelled so fresh. In a way it was comforting. My head was against chest and I could hear his heartbeat. As we stood there I felt his lips press against the top of my head. It was nice. I felt so relaxed and happy when I was with James.

"James! We're all going inside for dinner now!" a young voice called out for us. It was one of the children. We pulled apart from each other and walked out of the maze.

James

We were walking back to the palace but all I could think about was Bella. While we were hugging I kissed her head. I didn't mean to do it, it just happened. It was like it was natural.

| hey guys, this chapter is really bad🙈🙈 but I needed to post something. Sorry for not updating in a while.

But please tell me what your favourite chapter is so far!!

~ lots of kisses 💋