Prologue

📍FAYETTEVILLE, LA

Saint walked the halls of her high school, yawning ready to go home. This would be her last day at the school before she transferred to her new school. Jahseh D. R. Onfroy School of The Arts and Recording Academy. She was excited to say the least even though on the outside it didn't show.

She ready to head to the outskirts of Los Angeles. She would be in the most prestigious school of the arts, majority of the stars of today had went to the school and now it was her turn. She was still shocked that she had been accepted. She thought of her self as average person but to be personally selected by the school to attend was a honor.

She opened her locker with the combination, tugging on the blue lock. Rubbing her eyes with one as she opened the locker with the other hand. She took off her backpack as she began emptying the contents of her locker into her backpack. She had to return the textbooks to the library and she would dispose of the rest in the dumpster outside. Since she wouldn't need it anymore. She also made sure to take down any decorations from her locker.

Her black jansport backpack, now packed. She struggled to pick it up due to the big textbooks. She placed the backpack on her back as she walked towards the library. As she entered the library, the librarian greeted her and she gave her a wave and gave slight smile back. "Today must be the day ?" The librarian, Ms. Johnson spoke. "Yes, today is my last day here, I will miss you Ms. Johnson" Saint sighed. Ms. Johnson was one of the few people who Saint loved to be around at the school.

Ms. Johnson believed Saint was too smart for the school, which is why she tend to be the target of trouble. She was also the first person she told that she was transferring. Ms. Johnson questioned her. "What school you said you were transferring to again ?" "Jahseh D.R Onfroy School of The Arts" "Oh! I know that school, my nephew goes there."

"Oh really? What's his name? I wanna get to know him if he's anything like you." "Deante but he's nothing like me" Ms. Johnson laughed. Ms.Johnson was a younger woman in her late 20's.

"Oh well, still good to have a somewhat a friendly face...." Saint dragged off as she put her head down twisting her dread. She watched as Ms. Johnson scanned the textbooks.

"I'll be sure to tell him, about you!" Ms. Johnson smiled as Saint placed the rest of her textbooks on the counter.

After checking out her textbooks, She skipped lunch and use it as the perfect opportunity to throw the notebooks, binders and everything else that associated with her current school. Except pencils, pens or highlighters, she decided she was going to start fresh for the school, mainly not knowing what she was going to need for the school.

...

Saint walked out the building, toward her silver 2018 Kia K5. She breath out a breathe she didn't know she was holding. She threw her now basically empty backpack in the back seat. As she drove home, she tried to remember the boy name that Ms. Johnson mentioned. "Deante" She said out loud to make sure she had the pronunciation right.

After she parked and grabbed the bag, she walked into the loud house. She seen her little siblings and nephew running around the living room even though the tv was on and up loud. They were louder than the tv. Saint sighed before she yelled at the children to sit down. Once they was alerted, she was home they swarmed her hugging her legs. She looked in the kitchen to her mother playing loud music, attempting to do 17 different things at once. The house was very overstimulating, this was a normal thing being that she live with 7 other people.

She hugged the children back as they ran off in the back of the house somewhere. She turned off the TV, before she walked into the kitchen greeting her mother and turning down her music. Her mom took a deep breath before she hugged the girl. Saint could sense her mom was stressed.

"What's wrong mommy?" "I'm not ready for you leave yet, my baby" she heard her mom sniffling. "Momma, I'm going to back." "I haven't moved out or nothing i'm just going to boarding school." Saint explained. "I know and i'm very proud of you." Her mom squeezed her cheeks together and kissed her forehead.

"Listen, while you out there in California, be careful and stay focused on your school work." " I don't want you getting kicked out, especially since you're on a scholarship." "You know your blessed to able to go to this school free of charge, some might get jealous and try to break you." "Don't break, or don't let them break you." "Remember that." Saint's mother held her as Saint let those words repeat in her mind. "Don't let them break you."

...

It was now the day of. Saint was going to drive to the airport, where she will fly from Louisiana to California. Her car would be shipped there as well. Her school was paying for all of this. She didn't know it yet, but Saint was the only student they were doing this for. She was considered a special student. Saint wasn't in the honor society but so far the school was treating her like one. She didn't know this yet.

Saint hugged her family goodbye, as she held on to her mom. Ms. McIntrye whispered "Remember what I said" "Don't let them break me." Saint whispered back. Ms. McIntrye sniffled as she watched her oldest walk into the airport with her suitcases. "Go be great." Ms.McIntrye whispered to herself.

Saint walked into the airport on her phone as she looked for the email from her new school which included instructions for what she needed to do.

Hello, Saint McIntrye!

You will be flying with Delta! Please head to towards the Delta counter to check-in, Once you get there you will receive your ticket. You're flying first class! Along with flying first class you are able to sit in Delta Vip Club area and You have a Voucher for free snacks and drinks which will be given to you. Once you get to your gate!

We wanted to make you as comfortable as possible before you get here.

Have a Safe Flight!

Your future school family,
JDRO School of the Arts

Saint read the email, smiling from ear to ear. "I'm going to love it here." As she walked towards her flights desk.