what if Tim Drake had a child(sad I'm so sorry for this one :/)

"Why do you look so sad, Daddy?"

The question jolted him back to the present. He glanced at his son, whose eyes were filled with innocent concern. He took a deep breath, trying to compose himself. "Oh, you know, just thinking about things...it's been a long day."

He studied his son, wondering how much of his life he'd been sharing with him. In some ways, it felt like they'd always been together. There were moments when he could see glimpses of himself in the boy's features, reminding him of his own youth and the choices he'd made.

"I'm sorry, kiddo," he said, reaching out to pat his son's hand. "It's just that sometimes...the world gets to be too much. You know?"

The boy nodded solemnly. He was only eight years old, but he'd seen enough of the world already. He knew about the bad people, the ones who hurt people and stole things. He knew that his father as Robin, had to fight against them.

Tim looked at his son, feeling a mixture of pride and guilt. He was proud of the boy, of the way he'd grown up to be smart and strong and caring. But he felt guilty, too, because he knew that he'd been gone a lot during those formative years. He'd been gone on missions, fighting crime, trying to make the world a better place.

"You know what, kid?" he said, trying to muster a smile. "Sometimes, it's not the bad people out there who hurt us the most. Sometimes, it's the ones closest to us. They can hurt us the deepest, without even meaning to. But that doesn't mean we should stop trying to make things better, you know?"

The boy nodded solemnly, his eyes never leaving his father's face. "Yeah," he said softly. "I know."

Tim sighed, rubbing his eyes with the heel of his hand. "I just wish things could be different, you know? I wish I could be there for you more, be the dad that you deserve."

His son looked up at him, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "You're doing okay, Dad. You're here for me now, and that's all that matters." The boy paused, then added, "And you're still Robin, even if you're not wearing the suit. You're still my hero."

Tim felt a lump form in his throat as he looked into his son's eyes. He wished he could tell him that everything would be alright, that the bad guys would all be behind bars and they could have a normal life together. But he knew better than that. This world was never going to be a safe place for either of them.

Still, he could try to make it better. He could continue to fight against the darkness, even if it meant being away from his son more than he'd like. Because in the end, that was what heroes did. They sacrificed their own desires for the greater good.

He reached out and ruffled his son's hair, trying to force a laugh. "Well, you're right about one thing. I am still Robin, whether I'm wearing the suit or not. And as Robin, I'll always do my best to protect you and make sure you're safe."

The boy smiled back at him, the expression touching his father's heart. "Thanks, Dad," he said softly. "I love you."

Tim returned the sentiment, a lump forming in his throat. "I love you too, kiddo. Now, how about we go get something to eat? I'm starving."

They walked together through the park, the late afternoon sun casting a warm glow over the grass and trees. Tim felt a sense of peace wash over him, if only for a moment. It was times like these that he was most grateful for the life he had, despite all the challenges it brought.

"Dad?" his son said, interrupting his thoughts. "Can I ask you something?"

Tim looked over at his son, who was watching him intently. "Of course, kiddo. You can ask me anything."