Wishing

This sucks.

Y/n, despite having the reputation of the savior of Ohanamitsu for football, does not have a girlfriend.

Now that would be fine on paper.

But guess who was his childhood friend?

Rentaro Aijou.

Why is that important?

Well apparently, Y/n's childhood friend had a girlfriend. Not just one, but twenty-seven. That goes to show why Y/n was super depressed and super envious that despite the two going through the same route, getting rejected before high school, Rentaro was blessed with twenty-seven girlfriends while Y/n couldn't find one.

Maybe because Y/n hasn't tried hard enough to look after himself, he had a few pounds on him and doesn't have a sharp look on his face like Rentaro but he knew five people who was heavier than him.

Three of them is Caseoh.

Anyways, our h/c was currently hanging out with Rentaro and his girlfriends after school, listening to the latest gossip and newest trends that was going on when his phone rang. It was his alarm telling him that football practice was going to start in half an hour.

Rentaro: Football?

Y/n: *Slaps his Legs and Stands Up* Yeah... As usual...

Rentaro notices his tone wasn't very chippy today.

Rentaro: Y/n, you'll find a girlfriend soon...

Y/n: No, I won't... For just a little bit, I wanna know what it's like to have a girlfriend... You have twenty-seven in which I respect that, you're my best friend, I will not betray you... but just even a day can I have that experience...

Meme: You'll get one soon! We believe in you!

Y/n: *Sighs Softly* Yeah, if they don't take my "hello" as sexual harassment...

Karane: Come on, man! That just means you dodged a bullet!

Kishika: Karane's right... You wouldn't want an unchivalrous or a non-genuine lover, do you?

Y/n: ...No...

Kurumi: It's not the end of the world...

Kusuri: If you like, Kusuri can create a love drug for you, yep yep!

Y/n: It's fine, Kusuri... I want a girlfriend that'll love me for me...

Kusuri: Aphoo... But that doesn't mean the offer isn't going away, yep yep...

Momiji: *Gropes his Love Handles* Mph...

Y/n: What are you doing?

Momiji: I would say to lose some weight but that means I can't grope this soft muscle on your sides...

Iku: Muscle?! Is it training time?!

Mai: Yeah but it's for Y/n... Football practice...

Y/n: Well, it's been good hanging around for today but I have to go before my coach chews me out again...

Rentaro: Good luck! And make sure you get home safely!

Y/n: I will... *Waved*

Rentaro's Family: Bye!/See you tomorrow!/Mommy will miss you!~

With that, Y/n left the rooftop and heads down the steps to the first floor. Taking it slow so he doesn't have to worry about missing a step, tumbling down, and making his ears burn. While he does that, he remembers Rentaro and his girlfriends before sighing lightly.

"If only it was that easy... Rentaro can just glance at a girl and make them fall for him while anything I do, no matter how genuine and sincere I be, they think it's sexual harassment or they threaten to call their boyfriends over... Like if I knew, I wouldn't have asked you out in the first place..." he frowns as he takes the corner of the empty hallway.

"I wish I had a girlfriend... Rentaro has twenty-seven... so why can't I just have one..."

Bump...

Y/n suddenly runs into someone, staggering back before bowing lightly to the person in front of him. "Sorry... I should've looked where I was walking..."

"Ah, no... I should be the one to-

Zing!

The moment his eyes locks onto their eyes, a shock ran through his body. A cute girl, black hair and light maroon eyes who held a small bunny plush in her arms, shocked to find Y/n. They stared for a moment, "...Hey..."

"Um-"

Pap!

Y/n smacks his mouth silent as he realized what he said, knowing what's going to happen next after introducing himself. "I'm sorry... I'll go..." he muffled from under his hands before running off from the girl, hugging her bunny plush lightly.

"...He's so cute..."

She holds the plush in front of her.

"What do you think of him?" She asks the bunny before squeezing it softly and-

"Well, I think he's cute..."

"I know, right?"

"I know right?"

"He's the cutest boy I've ever seen in school!"

The girl smiles as she continued to "converse" with her plush, walking around the school as the never ending exchange continues to the rooftop.

She opens the door and finds a large amount of students sitting around each other, they glanced at the visitor at the exit.

"..."