Chapter 19 - A smutje for the Straw Hats

"Well, the girl isn't bad.""Maybe we can really turn things around," said two of the cooks inthe water. The pirates, on the other hand, were not so calm. "That's notgood!" "She destroyed the Daisenso." Hissing, Sanji held hisside as he said, "But she was hit by those powerful explosions. Her bodywill soon not be able to take any more."

Luffy sat on the wood grinning as she said:"Have you looked around?" "Huh?" "That should beenough space for me." She sat up again. "Here I have enough space to avoidyou and finish you off." Krieg gritted his teeth and looked at her. The bratwas really getting on his last nerve. "What do you mean?" "SinceI broke the tip, your Spear is nothing more than a bomb on a stick! It'sstrength is therefore already halved." "Do you think so?" "Yes." Krieg grinnedsmugly at her. "This bomb on a stick will be enough for you. It's strength isstill strong enough to finish you toad. Admit it! You got so much tinder fromme that you can barely stand!" "No, I'm fit as a fiddle!" Krieg raised hisweapon a little. "Give up finally! You were already finished when you took meon!" He raised the destroyed spear and swung it out. "You're nothingcompared to Don Krieg!" "Keep dreaming!" she said beforecheekily sticking her tongue out at him. Krieg ran towards her in anger as heshouted, "Just wait!" He struck with the spear, but she grabbed thecrossbeam of the mast and pulled herself out of danger in time. "I'm up here!""You little monkey. Die!" He hit the mast. But the black-haired woman justlaughed and shouted happily: "Aye-jai-ja~!" It was even a little ironic that hehad called her "monkey" of all things. If she were really related to Ace andGarp, her name would be Monkey D. As she held on, she did a few somersaults asthe mast began to tip. She pulled herself up a little and tightened her grip onthe crossbar until the wood broke and she was now holding a large stick in herhand. "Stupid brat," Krieg said as he looked up at her. Whatever thebrat was planning, it was useless against his awesomeness. The mast fell with acrash into the water, but Luffy was still in the air. She swung the piece ofwood and threw it at him like a spear as she shouted, "With best regards!!""That's no use!" He raised his right arm, to which something smallwas attached. Flames suddenly spewed out of the something and turned the woodinto ash. "Now he has a flamethrower too," said Sanji nervously. The flamesdisappeared and Krieg grinned victoriously at Luffy. Luffy grinned at him asshe slowly fell back to the ground, folded her arms and shouted: "Gomu Gomu no Gatling!" Her fistsflew towards Krieg and pelted his golden armor like hail. The pirates watchedin shock as a murmur arose between them. "How many arms does she have?""Unbelievable!" "What is she doing there?" "I have no idea, I just see fistsflying." While the cooks in turn shouted: "Very good, show him Missy!" "You cando it! Keep up!" Krieg just grinned at her attempt to hit him. What a fool! Didshe still not understand that his armor was no match? He only took a small stepbackwards due to the constant fire before the black-haired woman stopped herattack and landed back on the ground. A dark laugh escaped his throat."Pathetic! You are completely powerless against my armor. You can hit it asmany times as you want, the only person you'll hurt is yourself!" Luffystretched a bit before rushing towards him. She swung her fist. "Gomu Gomu no Pistol!" Krieg's eyeswidened in surprise before her fist sank into his stomach. The black-hairedwoman bit her lip to keep from crying out. The hit on the armor had hurt morethan she had expected. Or maybe it was just because it was her injured hand. Krieggroaned slightly. Despite his armor, he clearly felt the force of the blow.Those present didn't even dare to breathe while the two opponents didn't movefrom their spot. Suddenly Krieg stirred again. Before she could react, theolder man had struck with his weapon. It was hanging on the tip when Krieg hitit on the ground. "Ahhhh!" She flew headfirst into what was left of the mastbefore sliding to the ground. How many times had she been happy that she hadeaten the devil fruit and become a rubber human? Krieg walked slowly toward her."Hehehe. Now do you finally get it, you hollow wimp! You can't beat my armor.YOU don't have the slightest chance! Many people have already despaired of ME."He stopped a few meters away from her as Luffy slowly pushed herself up again."I think I'm almost there," she murmured, ignoring the giant'spresence for a moment. She raised her head and paused. Where had Krieg gone?She looked up as his voice rang out above her: "Up here." She didn'tknow how he got there so quickly, but he was standing on the top of the fallenmast. She had to squint a little because he was standing directly in front ofthe sun and his armor was unnecessarily reflecting it too. She stood back up ashe began to speak, "Listen. With the best equipment, the greatest strength andthe best weapons you are recognized as strong. A very powerful person!"She ignored his chatter and ran up the mast grinning as she said, "Andthat will be ME! Gomu Gomu no...""That has no effect against me!" He raised his weapon. "You won't get farwith persistence alone!" She had almost reached him when her stretchedarms shot forward. At the same time, Krieg struck. Regardless of the explosion,the young pirate emerged through the smoke. Krieg's eyes widened as shefinished her sentence and struck, "...Bazooka!" Krieg flew off the mast, his spear slipping from his handlike one of his golden gloves, and tumbled to the ground. But Luffy wasn'tfeeling any better either. The blow had taken a toll on her and she didn'tnotice Krieg throwing more of his little bombs her way. "Hahaha, it's useless!You've reached the limit of your strength, hahaha." His grin disappearedas his armor suddenly cracked. "What?! My indestructible armor hascracked?" His grin returned to his face as he looked at the black-haired woman."But it's too late. That's it for you, non-swimmer!" The balls landed inthe water around them. Sanji's eye widened. That was not good. "Run, it's atrap!" As soon as he finished his sentence, the explosions followed. Watersprayed high into the sky along with the smoke. "Luffy!" Sanjishouted in horror. The people in the water had to stand against the risingwaves while the Baratie and the smaller pieces of wreckage began to move. Thewater came back to the ground like a shower. Nobody dared to say a word. Sanjistared in shock at the spot where he last saw Luffy. "She couldn't possibly have survived that! Why? Why didn't I doanything? It would have been my duty as a man to protect this woman!" Krieglooked triumphantly into the cloud as he fell. "Having this to survive, refusing to die...what a joke."Suddenly Luffy shot out of the cloud, her arms stretching far above her head."Gomu Gomu no..." Kriegopened his mouth wide in horror, his eyes almost seeming to pop out of his headas he screamed, "What?!!!" She had her trademark D-grin on before herarms shot forward and hit him in the stomach. "...Bazooka!" His armor shattered into thousands of pieces. Thepirates looked at their battered captain in horror. The chefs started cheering.Krieg fell towards the blue ocean as she stretched her arms and legs andshouted, "I won!" She noticed the glove still flying in the air. "Nami would definitely be happy about that."She stretched her arm and grabbed the glove with the diamonds in it.