"Awakening the Gods" part 2

Leaving off from the start....

But then the door opened...IT WAS MULAN! Homelander stopped instantly, his grip loosened as a look of shock crossed his face when he saw the door open. He immediately snapped up, acting like a good little student that never did nothing wrong. He put on a fake smile and he looked at Mulan. He hoped she didn't see anything. "Hey I need you two in my office for a-...oh what in the fuck?" Homelander looked at her with an innocent smile. He looked at Noir who seemed to be doing the same. Was she even surprised by this? Wait, did she even see what Homelander was...doing...?

"Fuck uhm...you two get dressed and come down to office...now..." Homelander looked down at Noir before they both nodded. Homelander gently let go of Noir's mouth before he nodded one last time to confirm. Noir then quickly scrambled to put on his clothes. Homelander did the same and then they both headed up to Mulan's office. Mulan was sitting at her desk and staring at her computer, Homelander and Noir both awkwardly stepped into her office. They both looked at her, expecting to be berated or yelled at...but she seems quiet. She just kept staring at her computer and it was kinda...unnerving.

"oh! Yea uhm...Ah...yes...sorry I blanked out...You two and The Deep and A-Train are coming with me to this mission at the "Vought Gala Dinner". Whatever they call it, we need to spy on one of the scientists there. His name is Elmer Cooper?" Both Noir and Homelander were a bit surprised at this. They both thought they were going to get chewed out and yet she was acting like nothing had happened. They nodded in silence and waited for her next order.

"And...you'll need suits to blend in and I already set that up and got your outfits and Noir you're gonna have to lose the mask...It's fucking up my vibe anyways..." Noir gulped when he heard the part about him losing his mask. He could do that but he didn't want to. He was extremely insecure about how he looked underneath the mask and he was scared what people might think about it. After all, he was never considered "sexy" on a conventional level, especially with his scars. Noir was scared of that so much.

Noir tried to Babble his way out of this situation but Mulan stopped him. "Abab-" Noir gurgled. "I don't do baby talk. I don't know what happened to your vocal cords but if this is how you function on the bases my friend, you're gonna need a vocal therapist." Mulan said coldly. Noir's eyes were wide as he was suddenly scolded by Mulan. He was so used to Homelander letting this pass. He felt humiliated and embarrassed all over again. He didn't want to take his mask off, he just couldn't. Noir was so used to always being insulted when he made any noise that he was scared to talk. He had a stutter and a slur in his voice, a mixture of both. "A- a- a-..." Mulan then cut him off again this time more colder. "I said I. Don't. Do. Babble. Boy."

Noir whimpered a little bit before he decided to just shut up. He looked at his feet, knowing that he had no choice but to take the mask off. Homelander looked over with a curious look. The mask is such a big part of Noir's personality...he never wanted to see him without it. Noir was also really good at hiding behind it, and the mask helped with that. His voice was something that made him extremely sensitive, and the scars just...made it so much worse. Mulan then spoke as she leaned back in her chair,  "You're a grown man...more than that, you're beyond 60 years old. You need to learn how to stand for yourself instead of this...I do not babysit my workers...you're not a wounded animal..."

Noir was stunned by her words...more than that he was hurt. He was shocked by the harshness of her voice. Noir felt like he was being put down. It hurt him, not because he was used to being coddled, but because this whole thing felt like a personal attack. Noir felt his insecurities rising to the surface. Was she calling him pathetic? Were his scars ugly? Was his voice really that childish? Did she hate his stutter? Was he weak? It's stuff like this that made him keep the mask on all the time. She sent them out and Black Noir was pouting as he walked beside Homelander. He was already depressed on the daily but now having Mulan as a boss...it just got worse for him...