Chapter Forty-six

- 𝐘/𝐍 𝐉𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒' 𝐏𝐎𝐕 -
═══════════════════════

I don't know for how long I'd been out, or what even happened after Namjoon had found me, but I finally was able to hear people talk around me, and feel their touches on my cheek and hands.

I stirred from my sleep once again, yet again struggling to fly my eyes open, and after trying for what I assumed was a week, I finally was able to flutter my eyes open.

As soon as my eyes flew open, I was met with almost darkness, the only light in the room coming from the moon through the windows whose curtains were open.

I turned my head slightly to the left with a lot of struggle, only to be met with the angelic face I've been longing to see ever since the moment Mark, Chaewon and my birth giver kidnapped me.

Namjoon looked so peaceful lying on his side, his left cheek squished into the pillow, making his lips form an adorable pout, one I'd missed waking up to more than anything.

I wanted to call to him, say his name, but no words came out of my mouth. It felt like there was something in my mouth blocking me from speaking.

I tried wiggling my fingers, and I finally succeeded in multiple attempts. Right as I moved my fingers, the man beside me stirred and the next second, Namjoon's head popped up above mine with a smile so big, eyes as wide as saucers and tears filling them.

"Nabi? You're back with me?" He spoke in an unsteady voice, trying to stop himself from crying.

I tried to speak, but no words came out. As soon as he noticed that, he pressed a button above the bed, and the room door immediately opened and in came a young girl dressed as a nurse.

She smiled upon seeing me and went on to remove the thing in my mouth, which I learnt was a feeding tube as I was in a coma and couldn't consume any food on my own.

Once that was out, Namjoon brought a glass of water with a straw in it and made me drink it slowly. Once I drank the water, the nurse smiled at me and spoke, "I'm Aera, your nurse. We're all so glad to have you back, Y/Nshi. Please take some rest. I'll be back in the morning to check on you with the doctors. I'll take my leave now, Namjoonshi." And with that, she left the room, closing the door slowly behind her.

"Hi, baby." Were the first words that left my lips, and as soon as the words came out of my mouth, his tears started falling down his cheeks and I was enveloped in a big hug, his arms surrounding my waist, and his head on my chest.

I gently rubbed his back while he let it all out. With the number of tears he shed, I wondered for how long was I out, and how long had he bottled it all up.

He calmed down eventually and pulled away from the hug. "Babyyyy... I can't even begin to tell you how much I've waited for this moment. I missed you so much Nabi, so much that I thought I'd die if you didn't wake up soon." He spoke and my own eyes filled with tears.

"I missed you too Nammie. I'm so sorry I troubled you and caused you so much pain." I spoke but Namjoon just shook his head.

"Please don't apologise my love. No one's to blame for anything, but those 3 people who kidnapped you. More than anyone, you aren't to blame for anything in this all." He spoke cupping my face in his hands.

He then went to get up from the bed, but I stopped him with a hand on his forearm.

"And where do you think you're going now, Mr Kim?" I asked with a pout and Joon just chuckled.