Chapter 1 - The Shrine

A man was sitting on the clouds. He was mostly covered by the clouds and only his head was visible. His lush brown hair was blowing in the wind-

"Mat, what are you doing?" a familiar voice asked, causing the Theory God to sigh.

"Steph!" he complained, swinging his head around. "I was TRYING to meditate." Steph snickered behind her hand. "More like you were swimming in cloud dust. C'mon, dress up, you have to visit your followers,"

"Ooh!" The man shot out of the clouds, already dressed in the robes he needed to wear. "Ok! Yay! Let's go!!!" He grabbed Stephanie and ran to the entrance to the mortal world.

"Woah! WAIT! MAT!" Stephanie complained, fitting on her robes and stumbling after him. "WAIT FOR ME!"

------------------

"Huff...huff....mat...augh..." Stephanie panted, her hand still in the man's. "Wait...SLOW DOWN!" The man just chuckled, preparing to enter the door to the mortal world. "Not to worry, Steph!" he boasted. "Today will be SPECTACULAR!"

"Hmph," Stephanie huffed, crossing her arms. "Alrighty! Let's go!" The man grinned as he stepped into the gate, and...didn't make it through.

"Huh." The man stated. "It's probably not working! Let's try again!" He slammed himself onto the door. "And 1!" he slammed himself again. "And 2!" he did once more. "And-"

"𝙾𝚑 𝚖𝚢 𝙶𝙾𝚂𝙷! 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚝!" an angry voice huffed. "𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚞𝚢 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍?!"

"Hm?" The man looked up to see a large demon hovering over the two of them. "Oh! Hello Nessa! How's it going?"

"𝙸 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚖𝚢 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚎! 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝙽𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊! 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖?!" Nate groaned. "𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝙸 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝, 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍,"

"Oya?" The man looked at Nate suspiciously. "Why? I have followers to visit,"

Nate let out an evil smile. "𝚂𝚘 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚍𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜," he said, grabbing Stephanie. "Steph! Hey, that's sexual harassment!" The man complained, cracking his knuckles.

"Oh shiver me timbers," Stephanie whined. "I'm about to DIEEEEE! Save meeeeeee," she said in a monotone voice.

Nate chuckled as the man leapt towards him, and a green blast of magic shot at the demon. Nate grabbed the man quickly into his fists.

"𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝, 𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚠~" Nate whined, swinging his arm back and shooting Mat towards the mortal world. "MAT!" Stephanie screamed. "MAATT!"

How did this even happen? The man thought. I thought I could beat him...wait. Where am I going? The man closed his eyes and opened them just as he smashed into the hard ground.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amy held her groceries, humming quietly to herself. She examined the stone path beneath her feet. It was getting smoother, most likely new, maybe replaced last month?