Prologue

They were riding for Riverrun, A tourney her father had said. Edmure Tully's eaighteeth name day.

"Why are we going to this father?" Araelia rode up beside him, she was ten years old but very smart for her age, she had her grandmother to thank for that "since when did we go this far north for a tourney, do you even know this Edmure Tully we ride to celebrate?"

"Must there always be a reason behind everything?" Her father, Mace Tyrell, said exasperated "why can't we just have some fun for once, go to a tournament, see the other lords and lady, have a good time, I'm allowed that"

"That's a reason" she stated plainly.

Her father sighed "you really are your grandmother reincarnated"

"She cant be reincarnated if she still alive" Araelia rolled her eyes.

"Speaking of, why don't you go find your sister im sure she craves your company"

She scoffed "There's a better way to tell me to leave you alone"

"Very well then...leave me alone, your constant chitter chattering is ruining my high mood"

"As you will" she pulled her reins and turned her horse around, galloping back to where her sister Margaery rode by herself.

"Back already?" Margaery said as Araelia moved in next to her.

"Be quiet" she laughed. Araelia knew she was just teasing her, she loved her elder sister just as much as the next girl. They were close in age and the only daughters of Mace Tyrell so they bonded well.

"Are you excited for your first tourney" Margaery smiled as she kept her eye forward.

"This isn't my first tourney" she looked out into the rolling green hills following the Red Fork.

Margaery laughed "the first one you will remember"

Araelia turned to her with a sudden anger "I just don't understand why father made us ride so long to go a this tourney in Edmure Tullys name, we have no connection with the river lords, were we even invited?"

Margaery gave her a stern look, she wasn't that much older than Araelia but she acted like a woman grown...she definitely looked the part "do you think grandmother would allow herself to get dragged this far if we were not invited?"

Araelia looked down sheepishly "I suppose..."

"For a very smart girl like yourself you don't tend to think things through" Margaery shook her head, a smile across her face.

"I think things through" Araelia murmured to herself.

***

"Here we are" Lord Tyrell sighed happily as they came in view of the castle of Riverrun.

"About time" His mother; Araelia's grandmother Olenna Tyrell said.

Araelia chuckled to herself, she always loved her grandmother the most, she was the strongest woman she had ever met.

"Well, shall we go or do you wish to sit and gander a while longer?" Olenna adressed her son.

He turned to his mother timidly then turned back "we should be heading there, I surely don't wish to miss this, it is said the Starks have come down from thier white wasteland for this event"