𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧, 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

Ishan × Shubman
Arranged marriage trope
💌 Requested by organic_peace_22
☁️ Fluff

---------------------------------------------------------

Ishan held his newly wed husband's hand tightly, re-assuring him with a nod.

Despite of giving a slight smile, shubman couldn't stop the storm of uneasiness within him as he saw the people around the entrance.

Shubman was now standing in home in different place, different cultures. He was unsure about his impression, as he could already feel many eyes on him, and let me tell you for an introvert, that's a nightmare!

Well much to his surprise, Shubman could feel the warmth spreading in him when Ishan's mother cupped his cheeks with the sweetest smile ever,
"Haye, kitna pyaara hai, Nazar na Lage"

Shubman wasn't sure how he held back his tears, the reason might be because he never felt the love of a mother or the warm acceptance of his ethnicity and physic made him emotional.

Yes, it was an intercaste marriage, something very uncommon in Patna back in 1970s.
And Shubman was the one who moved in with Ishan, considering he had no mother, and his father wanted to send him away.

And Shubman was, in fact a very shy boy, with beautiful features, the sweet dimple smile and soft voice, even though the voice couldn't be heard much from him because of his shy nature.

He belonged from a Punjabi family that lives in Bihar, for a very long time. That made Shubman become more bihari than Punjabi, even his accent was more like theirs.

It was the wedding night, and Shubman was waiting in his new room with a glass of milk, looking around the room with big eyes.

A sound of door startled him, making his eyes travel to a certain someone, his new husband to be specific.

Shubman cleared up his throat, "ye..maa ne kaha apko Dene ke liye" Shubman said.

Ishan smiled, taking the glass and keeping on the table again.

He streched his hand toward him,
"Chaliye, humare saath"

Shubman looked up at the smiling Ishan, his handsome features looked more ethereal as the moonlight glistened upon his skin, pretty and pearly smile, Shubman felt his heart skipping a beat.

Ishan gently held the young boy's hand, leading him to their balcony.

"Shubman... Ek baat bataye?"

Shubman nodded, long lashes shodowing over his rosy cheeks, all too exposed in moonlight.

"Pata hai ye arranged marriage hai...aur hum apko majboori me nahi dalna chahte..."
Ishan wrapped both of his palms around his hand softly.

"Hum aapko pasand karte hai.... Aur agar aapki marzi ho to hume ek mauka de kar dekhe... humesha khayal rakhenge" Ishan looked, eyes shining with hope.

Shubman blushed, looking down at their intertwined hands.

He nodded softly, "manzoor hai"

Ishan broke into a wide smile, "wada kartein hai, ye muskurahat kabhi nahi mitne denge" he said, being all happy and giddy.

Shubman looked up, soft giggles escaped from pretty lips, making him look like the most beautiful human being to ever exist in Ishan's eyes.

"Waise , aur ek baat bataye?aapko kya baat karna pasand nahi hai? Sach keh rahe hai pehlibaar awaz sune... Itni Sundar awaz hai, you aren't doing the justice " Ishan said, intentionally moving closer to the boy, so their shoulders touch.