This Is A Show

"The camera opens at a bus stop, with 21 different objects, all waiting for one reason. They signed up to be a part of this show. In hindsight, this was a horrible idea. They didn't have to-"

"You don't have to narrate everything, you know?" Chip said, interrupting Camera. Camera just rolled his eyes and continued to monologue everything inside of his head. Meanwhile, Chip took time to look around at the other people. Most of them seemed like normal people. Some people were conducting small talk. It even seems like a couple people signed up together, since they knew each other.

"And so yeah, he literally dumped me for freaking PINEAPPLE." Strawberry ranted, as Raspberry gasped in response.

"That's, like, criminal behavior." Raspberry replied, completely shocked at the story. Orange, next to the two of them, sighed. He just wanted the bus to be here. His wish was seemingly granted, though, as the bus arrived, and everyone got on.

Most people sat down by themselves, Diamond pointed out to herself. Seems like the people here didn't even want to get to know each other. She then turned to look at the person sitting opposite from her in the row. They were all forced to wear these stupid name tags. His name was SD Card. He seemed completely disinterested in knowing anyone here.

"You want something? I can feel your eyes drilling into the back of my head." SD Card said, not even bothering to look at her. He was looking out the window, taking in the sights of the forest surrounding them.

"I was just trying to get a feel for everyone here. I... noticed the different colors on the name tags. We have the same color, so we're probably on the same team." Diamond analyzed. Despite her flashy exterior, she was actually a pretty smart person.

"...good point. That doesn't mean I wanna talk though..." SD muttered, leaving the two of them in silence.

In other parts of the bus, Card and Pretzel were making some small talk. They both were rather friendly people. "So, what do you do outside this place?" Pretzel asked, wanting to know a bit more about Card.

"Well, I work as a janitor. I know, it's boring, but it gets the bills paid. I wish I could be some sorta chef, but I just wasn't cut out for it." Card chuckled, as he continued to talk a bit about his job.

"That's not as bad as you make it out to be, Card. I work as a barista. Honestly way more boring than all the teenage girls make it out to be." Pretzel laughed, as the two continued to engage in conversation. Dollar, sitting behind them, was just listening in. He was going to use any info he could get to his advantage. He wasn't going to play nice, because nice guys always finish last. Plus, he wanted to play it up for the cameras. Fan favorite is always a good status...

Elsewhere, Soccer Ball, Battery, and Burrito were chatting. "Well, I signed up because, frankly, who doesn't want a million dollars? I know I do." Battery told the other two. Battery was armless, putting him at a severe disadvantage in comparison to everyone else.

"I was hoping I could meet some new people, and make some new friends. Having others to talk to can always be a good thing." Burrito told the other two, prompting a surprised look from Soccer Ball.

"Well I mainly signed up because I love a good competition... but also, like Battery said, I could really use a million dollars." Soccer Ball explained, as Battery looked over to her.

"This is what I'm talking about. No one in their right mind would not take a shot at a million dollars if they could. I'd do anything for that kinda money." Battery said, his mind starting to wander onto what he would do with the money.

The bus finally made its destination. It seemed to be some sorta summer camp. There were multiple cabins, a whole lake, a cafeteria room.

"Is this Total Drama part two or something?" Cup asked rhetorically. Cup was a massive reality TV show fanatic. He knew just about everything about everything competition related. He was going to use that knowledge to completely take over the game.