siblings

*part 2 of disapproval*

"come on in, you two!" your mom grinned as you and naya walked through the front door. "it's great to see you again, naya." she gave her a quick hug and greeting you

this is the first time naya meets your siblings, and she has never been more nervous.

"follow me. everyone else is in the dining room and dinner is almost done."

you both followed her and as soon as you two walked in, everyone went quiet.

your dad's eyes lit up and he happily walked over to you.

"hi, honey." he said as he pulled you in for a hug.

"hey."

"missed you, kid." he said as he looked at your girlfriend as you pulled away. "hey naya. it's been a long time."

"hey sir!" she grinned as she shook your dad's hand.

"take a seat! dinner is just about ready."

the two of you walked over to the table, where your siblings were.

they stared at naya as you both sat down across from them.

and they didn't look happy at all. instead, they were glaring.

their arms were folded and their jaws were clenched and it made both of you feel uncomfortable.

"what's up with you guys?" you asked confused "aren't you happy to see me?" you joked

"oh, we are happy to see you. just not her." your brother said, making your eyebrows furrow.

"what are you talking about?" you asked.

"i don't know, y/n. how about the 15 year difference between you two?" your sister asked. "you're twenty-two, she's 37. it's crazy!"

naya lowered her head as she realized that your siblings weren't very fond of her already. the age gap has never been an issue in your relationship, but it always made naya very insecure. scared that you might find a younger person that could make you happier.

"why do you need to date my twenty-two-year-old sister, naya? there are million of women out there who are closer to your age that you could date." your brother spoke.

"i need to date her because i love her. and i don't care about those other people. i only care about y/n." she replied.

you smiled and squeezed her hand softly

"i don't like the age difference. something doesn't feel right. you even have children, naya. it's sick. and y/n, are you sure you wanna be a step mother at 22? you have so much to live. you should be caring about yourself, not having to take care of a kid." your sister said. which made naya very insecure. was being a step mom so young weird for you? did you hate it? her mind filled with questions that she was too afraid to ask

"stop it!" you said. "i'm a grown woman. i'm perfectly capable of making my own choices. i don't care if the age gap bothers you or not. and you better watch your mouth before you talk about her kid. you really think it's a burden for me that she has a kid? her son is incredibly kind and a blast to be around. you need to grow up. both of you."

naya couldn't help but smile hearing you talk highly of josey like that.

"look, mom and dad might think you're cute together and they might adore her, but we don't. you're our baby sister. we can't approve of this relationship." your brother said.

"then don't. i don't care. i don't need your approval." you said trying to hide your anger.

"drop it!" your parents told them in unison, expressing their anger over how unsupportive they were being.

your siblings looked at each other and then back at naya with a glare again.

"are we supposed to pretend we're happy?" your sister asked.

"yes! because i am. that should be all that matters to you!" you said as naya anxiously played with her fingers.

"okay, you two. naya treats your sister very well and she's happy. you two should be supportive of them!"
your mom told them.

the tension between you and your siblings was very intense.

"we're trying to protect you," your sister spoke.

"i don't need protection" you argued. "this is ridiculous."

they sighed before shaking their heads.

"we're supposed to sit here and pretend as though we're okay with this?" your brother asked. "we can't do that. fifteen years is such a huge difference!"

"i never said it wasn't a huge difference. what i am saying it's that it shouldn't be an issue." you argued

"that's enough, you two. let it go." your dad warned them.

but it didn't stop you from saying what you needed to say.

"i know i'm young but if it's not an issue for her it shouldn't be one for you. you have nothing to do with my relationship. what were you expecting? that we would come here, you would say all this nonsense and that would make me leave her? if you don't respect her and our relationship then i have no reason to respect you. you treat her indifferently one more time, you insult her in any way, and you will never hear a word from me anymore. if you two don't like having her as part of the family, then you can say goodbye to me too. i don't give a fuck. i would choose her over the two of you any day." you stood up from your seat.

"let's go" you said as you looked down at naya who had her mouth slightly open at your outburst

"honey, don't leave." your mom frowned.

"you tell your children that when they're able to become more mature, behave and apologize, we'll consider coming back. but for now, i don't even want to look at them. i am not sitting here and have my girlfriend listen to anymore of their crap." you said before saying goodbye your parents.

"thank you for having me. it was great to see you again." naya told your parents before giving them both a quick hug and a small smile.

she followed you out of the house as your parents glared at your siblings.

"i cannot believe you two did that. you know...i never thought the day would come where y/n becomes more mature and open minded then you two. you need to grow up. who knew that your generation could be so stuck. you just completely embarrassed us." your dad spoke.

"i don't care dad. it should be a crime to date a twenty year old being basically forty." your brother debated

"i'm not listening to this anymore." your mom said before storming up the stairs, your dad following her while shaking his head