03

MY eyelids fully open up as I peek through the window, I can't believe that I slept off halfway and missed almost everything but I was finally in the land of my dreams

MY eyelids fully open up as I peek through the window, I can't believe that I slept off halfway and missed almost everything but I was finally in the land of my dreams. I buckled up without anything to do in mind. Do I cry? Do I laugh? What do people do when something on their bucket list is ticked off?

My lips draw into a smile and I look at Gwen like I had just won a lottery.

A wave of emotions hit me as I descend the plane after it landed, thanks to the scattered atmosphere of other individuals, I lost contact of Gwen. I bit my lip in regret until I reminded myself that she had probably met her mother so I whisper a prayer of thanksgiving to God for arriving safely and proceeded with the others for the final procedures.

I had arrived at noon so I guess I would be enjoying ‘the real deal’.

When I landed outside the airport, I inhale the soft wind like New York had a special brand of air unlike the one I breathe at Ohio, the summer sun smiled broadly at me before I small cloud enveloped it.

I turn off the airplane mode icon on my control centre before taking a photo of the sun and brushing off the stray hairs of my curly bun while adjusting for another pic.

“I can help you with that,” a voice offers, catching me off guard and I turn to see a man in his mid-twenties, brown hair, emerald green eyes and a diamond ornamented set of teeth; he wore a white dress shirt and neatly ironed pair of black pants.

“Err...,”

“You’re Brad's sister, right?” he smiles.

I slip my phone in my cross body bag and cling onto my luggage tightly, “Yes, I am,”

“Great, he sent me to pick you up,”

“Huh?”

He nervously scratches the back of his neck before making eye contact again, “Sorry, the name's Flynn and I'm the uber driver Brad called to pick you up, he's currently at work,”

“Umm...is it fine if I call him to confirm —”

“Yeah sure,” he grins.

I move away slightly before dialling Brad's number, even if Flynn looks so trustworthy, convincing and undeniably good-looking I wouldn't risk my chances like I had with Mrs. Morrison, her punishment awaits her in Hell but making the same mistake twice would be nothing but a clean evidence of nothing but stupidity.

Besides, why would Bradley Brown choose to send A GUY to pick me up from the airport,maybe Flynn's gay but he hated any male coming next to me regardless of their sexual orientation.

The phone rings thrice and a husky voice booms from the speaker, “Hey, buttercup,”

“Hey, grinch,” I smile.

Somehow, hearing that nickname I hated from him managed to erase the last doubts that this could be a good idea. Maybe, he had changed and now that he was so busy with work what could possibly go wrong?