Chapter 4 - A Little Bit Of A Liar

⭒🟄✧🌑✧🟄⭒

About Light

Light is required for survival and growth. The nourishment it provides is important for not just us but also for animals and plants. It can also become a destructive force if wielded with ill intent, but those types are few and far between. Luckily, I'm one of the few who can master its forces and I do not use it maliciously.

⭒🟄✧🌑✧🟄⭒

You pace around the room, frustrated. Dvalin was dealt with, the day was saved, but you were stuck. Irritation radiated from your core, your cloak covering your clenched fists. You were in your room that was provided by the knights and you were not allowed to train, per the demand of Jean. It had only been a week since you woke up and it seemed the strands of hair that turned black were permanent. No matter, you felt fine. However, you should probably still check yourself again.

For a moment, you stop and look at yourself in the mirror. Your eyes still radiated multiple colors but were mostly (E/C), and your hair still had some iridescent shine that was mixed with jet black. You head over to your door, lock it, and test the handle. Sure enough, the lock worked. You still weren't a total prisoner and got to unlock and lock your room.

You then head back to the mirror, taking off your cloak. Your dress had a shining compass star on the chest, and you reached for it. Then, it clips off easily. You place it to the side, looking back at the mirror.

In the dead center of your chest was a corrupted light that surged out with immense power. At the same time, it pulsed with a weak amount of white and rainbow light. The dress stuck to your skin that held the pendant almost looked to be your skin, only the clip could come off. The corruption seemed to be deep into your heart. You stare at the mirror, at yourself, at a loss for words. What can you say? You didn't know of a way to fix it. Your light would be swallowed up and you felt helpless. That is why you need to study and to leave. You couldn't wait any longer.

Quickly, you clip the star back on and put on your cloak before heading to the door. You unlock it, heading out and towards the entrance to the knight's headquarters.

You needed to leave as soon as possible. Answers weren't going to just fall out of the sky for you. Instead, you needed to search for them. You pass by Jean's office, somewhat quieter. However, just as you passed, you heard the door open.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jean suddenly asked. You jump, looking at her with an innocent expression.

"I wanted to see the town." You answer with a lie. "I heard they have a good sticky honey roast at the restaurants."

In actuality, you wanted to go out into the wilds traveling through Teyvat to gain more knowledge. Perhaps on your journey, you would find a solution and yes, you were going to leave without saying a word. Maybe you'd even find Lily if you left now.... However, it seemed Jean was going to block your attempt.

"You need to rest," Jean stated firmly.

"I did when I fainted." You answer quickly. "And it has been a week. I slept every day."

You did not.

"You were drained physically and need to recover." Jean continued. "We still do not know about the consequences of you absorbing the corruption."

"I recover best when I'm able to do something productive-"

"Hello, Jean! Hello, (Y/N)!" Paimon suddenly yelled, interrupting you as you looked towards her. The traveler walked alongside her. The floating girl then halted, noticing the tension. "Are you alright?"