─ prologue ; ghost of him

Nyx Thorne had never known life where Jeon Jungkook didn't exist. Every memory, every moment, every second, he was by her side. As was Jeon Aera, her best friend.
There wasn't a moment growing up that Jeon Aera and Nyx Throne wasn't tagging along behind Jungkook, giggling as he would playfully roll his eyes and tug them into his protective arms and gave his entire attention to the two girls who were the centers of his life, the two halves of his heart.

And then he grew up, found an interest in girls â€" Georgianna Quiland to be precise, and that's when everything changed for the worst.
For Jeon Jungkook and Nyx Thorne.

Three years had passed since that day, and setting aside her pride, Nyx Thorne journeyed forward and quite reluctantly might I add, asked Jungkook for his help not knowing it would change their lives as they knew it. 

' EXCERPT FROM THE DIARY OF NYX THORNE '

Dear Diary,
The time has come.
The time of living the, admittedly pathetic, single life needs to come to a stop.
Somehow.

I have no 'game', according to Bryce Winslow — a quickly forgotten (not really) jock from high school once told me when I had gathered every ounce of courage within my body to — embarrassingly enough, ask him to prom in the crowded hallways of Brighton Ingle high school.
Which was true, I loathed to admit that to even myself and even more so jotting it down in my diary, but nevertheless, it was one memory from high school not as quickly kept from mind, if I may so myself.
My cheeks never fail to fill with head whenever that came to mind.

I mean, I thought, at first, that it was a good idea to bring flowers, and chocolate covered strawberries (not to mention a sappy letter confessing my week long infatuation), and in the middle of the hallway, I forced myself to stand high, wobbly smile in place, and asked, 'would you be my date to prom?'.
— no, that was what I wished I had said instead of fainting once the first half of my 'epic' little speech spit past my lips (a glob of spit also left my mouth and I never fail to sob into my cry pillow remembering it).
According to Aera, Bryce and his little gang laughed, and left me unconscious in the hallway to where the onlookers could see my epic freakin' fail.

What are the freaking rules to enticement, for god's sake?

Yeah, well, that was the only time in my god forsaken life that I ever dared to ask someone out.
And since that day, I've kept to myself and clung onto the fantasy of Jungkook...my best friend's older brother.
Even though three years have passed since that fateful day with Jungkook's then girlfriend, I've removed myself from his life entirely.

He thinks I hate him.
But he can't be further from the truth.

The truth is that I miss him more than life, the memory of him is my ecstasy...my deepest desire. Since I couldn't — wouldn't be close to him, I settled for the ghost of him.

— note ;
Thanks for reading!