Chapter 24

Hey guys!!! 😊 Hope you're all doing great. Here's the next chapter after a long break. Hope you'll enjoy it. Your suggestions on how to continue would be really helpful—I'm a bit confused right now. Thank youuu! 📚🌟
.
.
.
.

It was around 6 in the evening. They sat in comfortable silence while Manik drove, and Nandini looked out of the window.

Unlike usual, Manik had left work earlier today. He wanted to spend time with Nandini and put effort into their marriage. He hoped to make it work, especially since she had done so much for him when it wasn't even necessary on her part. He was glad their relationship was progressing rather than staying the same.

The silence was killing Manik. He wanted to talk to her but didn't know how to start, so he blurted out the first thing that came to his mind.

Manik: "Nandini, how are you?"

The sudden question not only shocked Nandini but also surprised Manik himself.

Manik (in his mind): "Way to go, Manik! That was the last thing you could have thought of asking at this time."

Nandini: "Huh?"

Manik (sheepishly scratching his head): "Sorry, I just wanted to talk about anything, and that's the first thing that came to my mind."

Manik, who was confident everywhere else, felt shy and embarrassed. This was his first time experiencing such feelings, as he had never had a girlfriend before. In just a few days, everything had changed for him. For someone who used to prioritize only work, he now genuinely cared for Nandini.

Nandini was surprised to see him embarrassed but liked this new side of him. She decided to play along and was happy that he was making an effort.

Nandini (teasing):" I'm fine, Manik. How are you?"

Manik (still embarrassed): "Not so fine, I guess. 👀"

Nandini (finding him cute but trying to ignore the thought, changes the topic): "So, Manik, where are we going?"

Manik: "Cafe?"

(He asks, looking unsure)

Nandini: "Areyy, I meant where, not just the cafe."

Manik: "Somewhere nearby.''

Nandini wanted to go to the park for some fresh air and a change of scenery. She also needed to discuss her work with him, so she tried to bring it up.

Nandini: "Okay. Um, Manik? Can we go to a park after coffee?"

Manik: "Sure, why not? Let's grab coffee to go and walk in the park while we drink. Sounds good?"

Nandini: (excitedly clapping her hands) "Okay, Manik!"

They arrived at the cafe, where Manik asked Nandini what she preferred, then went to get their coffee. Once he returned, they headed to a nearby park.

As they walked and sipped their coffee, there was a comfortable silence. Nandini decided to break it, this time, while Manik has been making an effort everyday to make her feel comfortable as much as he could to make her feel home she wanted to do anything she could from her side.

Nandini: "Manik, how about we play a game of 'this or that'?"

Manik: (confused) "This or that?"

Nandini: "Yes. I'll give you two options, and you choose one. Like coffee or tea."

Manik: "Coffee. What about you?"

Nandini: "Chaiii. Okay, next. Summer or winter?"

Manik: "Summer?"

Nandini: "Summer too! 😁 Beach or mountains?"

Manik: "Mountains always. Hiking and enjoying nature."

Nandini: "I agree, the trees, the air, everything feels nice. Okay, next: movie night or dinner out?"

Manik: "Movie night? I mean, watching a movie at the comfort of your home."

Nandini: "I know, right? Food, though we can order or prepare ourselves, but the coziness at home doesn't feel the same outside."

Manik: "Yeah..."

Manik: "Okay, I'll ask a question. What do you do in your free time?"

Nandini: "I like to cook, sing, umm... dance? You?"

Manik: "I play my guitar and sing."

Nandini: "Wow, Manik, impressive. I'd love to listen to you sing."

Manik: "Yes, my lady." (He says dramatically)

Nandini giggles listening to him.

They were comfortable with each other and didn't even realize it. They talked and walked, continuing their conversation.

They were sitting on a bench in the park. Nandini was pondering how to ask Manik about work. Manik noticed her thoughtful expression and decided to ask.

Manik: "Hey, what's on your mind, Nandini?"

Nandini: "Manik... I was wondering if it's okay for me to go back to work?"

Manik: "Of course, Nandini. You don't have to ask. You're part of my family now, and you're free to do whatever you want. Just keep us informed when you're out so we don't worry, alright? And trust me, everyone will be supportive."

Nandini: "Okay, Manik." (She was always surprised. She still couldn't believe how kind he and his family were, especially after her own family's treatment.)

Manik: "Good to hear. When do you think you'll start?"

Nandini: "Not sure, maybe next week?"

Manik: "Alright. By the way, how about we go home after dinner and watch a movie?"

Nandini: "Yes, that sounds great! Should we make some popcorn too?"

Manik: "Definitely. And get some drinks?"

Nandini: "Yes, let's do it. Now, let's head home. It's getting late."

They left for home, feeling happy and content. They had learned more about each other and felt a natural comfort in each other's presence, which flowed effortlessly without them even noticing.

Nandini was happier than ever, and Manik felt a growing connection with her, enjoying their time together beyond work. Everything was changing for the better, and they both felt positive about it.
.
.

Hey guys!!! 🌟 I hope you like the chapter. 🥹 Sorry for the delay—I've been dealing with writer's block and feeling a bit lost about where to take the story next. I'll try to update more regularly, maybe every other week.

I've also just started a new job, so balancing everything has been a bit hectic. Thanks a lot for your patience and for sticking around! 🥹💗