The bared bitter truth

She was still dreaming about him when she was woken up by the screams of her siblings.

-"Sis, The man is on the news. Wake up already!!"
-"What? which man?"she replied while yawning
-"Come and see this"they replied while dragging her to the living room.

Indeed he was there. The media seemed to adore him. He's quite famous. The news was talking about how he handled a huge mission and the government thanked him for that.

She caught herself blushing when seeing him on the news. She couldn't resist congratulating him for that.
She did that by texting on the number he gave. He was waiting for this moment when she'd text her that's she kept starring at his phone to instantly reply her back. She was astonished by his instant response and It made her very euphoric. They both for hours. He also told her that he's going on another mission before that he wanted to meet her again. She was busy those days that's why she called it off by saying maybe another time.

He was a bit saddened by that as he caught himself longing for her. He was tough man but a bit at heart for those he loved truly and longed for. But still he couldn't help but join this mission as it was given by the government. It could have a bad influence in his career.

The day of the mission arrived and he wasn't still recovered from his emotions. He was strongly prepared but still memories of her made him miss her presence.

The mission is in the museum as the criminal was involved in stealing people's and the country's expensive goods and property. He led his team in the building reassuring that there was nothing to worry. Suddenly, he heard a huge bang and found that the thief was running away with the most crucial property of the country. He chased after him and took the mask off to encounter his worst desire.

-"Serena?!, Tell me you're not the one responsible"
It felt like everything stopped moving and the time has stopped ticking. His heart pounded rapidly as she saw her as a criminal. It hurts, right? when you see your most desired person turn into your worst nightmare.

He couldn't catch her this time because of the feeling but still the government gave him another
opportunity to catch her while Serena left it in the museum and ran away from there while feeling the guilt of lying and facing him like that.