???: The Pond

Deep in the forest, the dark depths of nature... a pond that is said to grant the deepest of a person's desires. Who would have thought, on the very same day, I'd reunite with my childhood friends.

    "Wait... guys!? What are you guys doing here?" I asked, but it seemed none of them answered.

I shrug it off as we continue our way to the pond. It really does exist... a cave trunk in a a massive dead tree, the glowing aqua pond in the cave with glowing mushrooms and small plants around.

I look around, trying to find a way to activate the pond. Small writings of a foreign languang surrounds the pond on the ground...weird, it seems i can understand these writings.

    "The pond of light, brings the light as it shines. Would a sacrifice be in need for one to achieve such desire, as the pond shall heed to your needs. The pond of light, let it take you to the light"

This sounds like in a fictional story now...sacrifice... what do we have to sacrifice?

Suddenly, as if the cave heard my thoughts, four nooses drop down on top of the pond... where is it attached to? No one knows.

    "Guys, what do we do- wha- guys? What are you doing!?"

Roshiko...Anake...Inase...Nasako... you have all suffered so much... why? Why end it when second chances exis- oh...i see.

    "If Nomori is gone... who will i live for?"
Roshiko took the first noose...

    "The crowd is clapping... i missed the dive... no point in diving into life when i can dive into red."
Anake took the second noose...

    "The blood on my hands are all from my selfish needs... i dont wanna be a burden even as the new head prosecutor..."
Inase took the third noose...

    "I miss my home... my friends... i need... to let it out, open up to them... i'll go see my friends then"
Nasako took the last noose...

All of you have suffered...its time you have a rest for the night.

A rope drops down in front of me. I look at them all and...

     "Do it, please..." they all said.

I nodded, hesitantly taking the rope in my hand.. before pulling it. And now being the only one to hear their breaths go silent... i gasp for air as my eyes widen. What is this feeling? The pond?

I looked at the pond, eyes bloodshot wide as i desperately reach for the pocket knife in my pocket. Trembling, hesitating, as i held the knife against my neck.

     "S-shut up... its not my fault..its not my fault!"

What's happening? Why is it hard to breathe? Why? Why...? It was never my fault, they chose their own paths. I had only created them- oh... thats why...

...

Silence fills the air as the bodies hanging over the pond, slowly fade out of sight. The pond that was once aqua... turns red.