CHAPTER 3 - THE PEAK

Perspective: Hayato Rohta

"Greetings Staff and Students! Please report to the Gym for an All-School-Meeting!"

"Huh?" I look up from my book, interested. I look toward Sawako, who also looked up from her novel with interest. We exchange eye contact as the rest of the class begins filing out.

"Another one? We had one like last week." Sawako remarks, walking over to my desk and leaning on it as I pack my bags up. "You know, we are probably coming back to class after this so you don't need to pack up." Sawako adds on with a giggle.

"Just in case though!" I laugh with her. "But yeah... wonder what's up this time? They better not be planning ANOTHER school event..." I respond, looking at Sawako with a dead and tired look, sighing as I finish packing my bag, grab it and start to get up from my desk.

"If they are, I'm staying at home and watching horror movies. I can't handle ANOTHER event." Sawako explains with a laugh. She always has this sarcastic tone to her voice, I think it's hilarious.

"Tell me about it... consider me in though, we could bring Waka, Mayuko, and Akira as well. They would probably all be happy to join in." I respond with a flustered laugh as me and Sawako head out of the class room and adventure down the staircase.

"Bet." She remarks as we start heading towards the gym.

We both go to our respective spots in our meeting lines. I give Sawako a smile and she waves back. I spot Akira giving me a smirk and I blush back. I can't with him sometimes...I look up as I see our Principal, Principal Ohgawara, step up to the mic. She clears her throat before beginning to speak.

"Hello Staff and Students of Senior High School!" She starts to say before a 'BOOOO!' is heard from the crowd. I look over to see Meka Gaki, one of the school's delinquents, snickering with the rest of her gang. There are laughs heard from all over the gym. I can't help but chuckle a little as well, Meka sure knows how to fix a boring room.

"Meka Gaki, please quiet down. I don't feel like dealing with your shenanigans today..." Principal Ohgawara smacks her forehead in anger. A loud laughter erupts from Meka, echoing throughout the gym.

"SHENANIGANS?! Man, Gintoki, you've really struck it low huh? It isn't 1997 no more, dumbass." Meka snickers, watching as Principal Ohgawara's face rises with anger. "We'll see ourselves out. F*ck you Gintoki." Ichigo Furyo, Meka's fellow delinquent, responds, huffing and ushering her and Aku Gaki, the last delinquent, out with her.

"As I was saying-" Gintoki starts up again.

"Uh, Principal Ohgawara? Where's Daiki? I saw him at school today but he's not here." Yutaro shouts out while looking around, raising his hand only after he speaks.

"On second thought, has anyone seen him since lunch? He wasn't in class..." I respond with confusion as well. I know it's rude to interrupt, but it seemed important. Usually if a kid gets out early, everyone would hear about it. It seemed odd. The frustration on Principal Ohgawara's face was clear as day though. Meka would have loved seeing this.

"I never sent him out either... did he sneak out?" Nurse Tomoka responds, clasping her mouth in worry. Principal Ohgawara was done trying, she just leaned on the stand with her head in her hands. Why wasn't she being more serious about this?

"I last saw him by the baseball field earlier! Maybe he's still there?" Yuri Nisida asks, fixing her glasses.

"Ughhhh.... Chiho Sano, Kumiko Abe, and Yoshiki Nisikawa, you go find him. I'm going to start the meeting." Principal Ohgawara yells out, putting her hands up.

"Why me? I don't even like him!" Kumiko complains with a sigh. "I don't like him either." Chiho chimes in. "Do I really have to work with these peasants?" Yoshiki rolls his eyes. Chiho and Kumiko glare at him.

"JUST GO! WE ARE WASTING ENOUGH TIME AS IS!" Principal Ohgawara snaps and points to one of the exits.

"Fine... fine..." Chiho surrenders as she and the other 2 walk out in search of Daiki.

"As I was saying... we will be having another bake sale, at the beach this time!" Principal Ohgawara says as there are groans from the crowd. Honestly, I knew it probably would be another bake sale. Sawako gives me a tired glance, shaking her head as I laugh at her "enthusiasm."

That's when I heard it, a blood curdling scream heard from outside the gym. A pained scream. A scream of absolute terror. A scream of- ok I'm done sorry.

CHARACTER DESC:
Hayato Rohta

Class 3-5

Soccer Club

He/Him

Gay

Anxious, Sweet, Attentive